Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Drivers auto window issue.

Maccasmack

Reaction score
Members Ride
5 Speed VX Spac
Hows it goin guys.
Got myself a window problem, when I put the drivers side completely down it makes a grinding sound if you push the button down again. Just wondering if anyone could throw us an idea or two as I've got no clue as to what the f*cks goin on haha. Cheers

Killr6

tutut
Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR6T
might need a new power window regulator.

your problem sounds like what i had in my car, there is teeth things that the regulator rolls against the motor to move it up and down. here is a picture of my broken one. hope this kind of helps you.

edit: you can see in the picture were there a no spiky things so when the window gets to that area of the regulator it makes a horrible noise.

100_0341.jpg

TonyJZX

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore M6
is it worth fixing? and how much

mine makes a grindy noise right at the top but i don't go full power and just ease it up

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE

mine makes a grindy noise right at the top but i don't go full power and just ease it up

I'd recommend to get it fixed before it stops working and your windows is all the way down n uv just parked at work or its a rainy day. Lol

U dont wana put urself in that position. Lol

Killr6

tutut
Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR6T

i picked up a new reg for 65$ incl postage, and its just time consuming doing the install. but worth it.