Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Drivers seat issue

Cruzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV
Just got my seat repaired and holden sending out new windscreen plenum!!! Was told by the service receptionist that the seat always breaks and i have to learn how to get in and out of my car differently!!!!WTF???

Lol what?? Are they load rated now?, What a load of BS, Just keep going back till they replace it mate.

gts33som

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
I bought the plastic for the drivers seat as my ve is out of warranty. $120!!!!

ssv183

BAZINGA
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV CBR1000rr
I bought the plastic for the drivers seat as my ve is out of warranty. $120!!!!

Wow, thats steep!! Youl have to re learn how to get in/out of your car as well then!!!! CRUZER they didreplace it mate, i should have said that in my post!!! just wondering if they will replace the next one, after being told basicly its a crap design that keeps breaking!!!!

Gorman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore
Lol what?? Are they load rated now?, What a load of BS, Just keep going back till they replace it mate.

Make sure you ask to get the new mounting kit fitted as well. When mine snapped on my SV6 S1 my dealer said he would also put the new mounting kit on because it is a common problem and a poor design. The new mounting kit is metal instead of plastic. I have had no problems since they fitted it with the new mounting.

gts33som

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
Does anyone know how to use the new mounting kit? I've got no idea!! Pics would be great ;)

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
i had my seat trim done under warranty as well and they also put in a reinforcing bracket to help stop it cracking again, same as gorman, didnt cost any thing for the reinforcing bracket either so ask them to put it in yours.

ssv183

BAZINGA
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV CBR1000rr
well had the windshield plenum replaced under warranty, not sure if it an updated one but it fits perfect for now

Cruzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV
well had the windshield plenum replaced under warranty, not sure if it an updated one but it fits perfect for now

Good to hear, mine was done around 2months ago and hasn't lifted yet so all good so far lol