Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Driver's side arm rest - Slight repair?

Kurt86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6
Hi all!

First post. Just bought a Red Hot VFII SV6 2015/MY16 in October. My first Commodore, and couldn't be more happy. (Paid $25,500 ex govt charges - 60k on clock - I feel like could have gotten a better price, but not sure if I got ripped off too much.)

Anyway, I wear my watch on my right hand, and today I noticed I must have scuffed the driver's side door rest a bit! Incredibly frustrating. I obviously also made the slight rip in the middle as well.

Is there anything I can do to make the longer scuff less noticeable?
Would shoe polish work?

Thanks again!

wgjj8At.jpg

Hyperduc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline Wagon
Hi Kurt,

Sorry i can't help but congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
AutoGlym used to sell an interior scuff removal kit years ago called AutoGlym Complete Stain and Scuff Removal Kit, I still have an unopened one in my garage but I think they have now discontinued it.

It consisted of a bottle of cleaning fluid and various sponges from coarse to fine grit.

Detailers use a heat gun to soften the plastic and fine grit sandpaper to rough the area up and remove the noticeable mark and if available some matching dye.

A felt pen of the right colour may also help after the nasty bits of the scratch are removed.

Have you tried YouTube as I would almost guarantee they'd have video of people repairing scratches in plastic interiors of cars.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
I think some shoe polish should cover such a minor blemish. Most Mister Minut places (or equivalent) have shoe polish in a variety of colours, one of them should match your vinyl.

Hyperduc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline Wagon
Time to change the watch hands.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Have you used this Ron ?
Yes. On my old VT door trim vinyl and it worked okay.

If i was OP i would just rub the area with good leather conditioner and leave it alone