Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

drivers side passenger door deadlocked -_-

dijm8

What You Looking At
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS3
hey guys,

well i have a lil bit of a problem here as the title says...is there anyway to open a deadlocked door?

abit weird tbh..the door motor wasn't working and hasn't been working for months now you always had to open the lock manually

and well i decided to take the car for a drive today (been awhile too) and as i do i deadlock it always!

and now it seems this very door has deadlockd itself, which i didnt think it could being it was broken? but ahwell it has -_-

did a search but didnt really find anything but to "hack up" the door trim..considering im trying to sell it it aint going to happen and im not spending anymore on it

ive tried...deadlocking it again then unlocking it with the remote and using the key in the door with no luck

any pointers?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Use a multimeter and find out if the door is getting power when you use the key. If not use may be able to power the lock through the wiring harness.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
If the door lock (motor) is broken than it won't do anything.

If worst comes to worst, take the door fabric off and hack the door card. They are pretty damn cheap these days. Just don't ruin the fabric as you will want the doors to match.

Stewlz

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SSV ute M6
Isn't that the point of a deadlock?

dwayno80

Reaction score
Members Ride
dumped vk 202 efi calais mok-up.
just remove ya back seat dude then yad be able to get ya door trim off without much damage...

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
just remove ya back seat dude then yad be able to get ya door trim off without much damage...

Screws are on the bottom and side of the door, sitting snugly up against the chassis.