Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Driving experiences with your parents.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
At some time in our lives, most of us have had a driving experience with our parents that we never forget. Some of them relate to when we were young and the parents were driving but more often, it's when we were driving and they were passengers.

I have a couple of memories of my old man in the passenger seat of my car.

The first was when I had an HT 327 Premier with Powerglide and LSD. Dad was in the passenger seat and we had driven down a dirt road and had to turn around. I demonstrated to him how "power steering" worked with an LSD. Came to a complete stop, hard right lock and floor the accelerator. Car spun neatly through 180 degrees and we were pointed back up the road. I felt pretty clever. The old man had crapped himself!

Second time was years later. Dad bought an HR Special in 1969 and drove it in dead stock form for 15 years before giving it to me. I put in the usual heavier springs, sway bars, wider rims and better tyres and drove up the Pacific Highway from the Hawkesbury to Cowan with the folks in the car one day. Anybody who knows that stretch of road knows what a beautiful piece of driver's road it is. Dad couldn't believe how much better the old HR handled through the bends, after years of rockin' and rollin' around corners HR style. Good for a laugh.

Anybody got tales of their experiences with their parents in the car?

nathg

Reaction score
Members Ride
MX83
Lol Troy, I find that good enough for my sig ahahah..

First time I ever did an acutal burnout, mum was in the passenger seat. I was doing a wide u-turn in a rural area, someones driveway I had pulled into was loose gravel, gave it a bit much and mum nearly carked it. Needless to say, it was in her BMW so I can understand why she got so upset haha

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman International
well back after 6 months on my p plates i would drive my mums 2004 forester regually to car club meet on friday nights (before the car club broke up) and i eventually knew more about the car than her and its limits and one day when coming back from a relatives place she said that we were running late and needed to hurry up for a appointment so i took the forester as fast as the speed limit allowed through some swisty roads and she couldnt belive how well her car could handle but she did tell me off to start with

jakbob

Lighten up.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, VC L, VK Vacationer
The first and only time I ever heard my mum say the f word was when she was teaching me to drive.

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
was 4wding in mums 4by with her shotgun and cause she has the stock dunlop slicks on there was a bit of wheel spin and she went ape sh!t.. lol

Last edited:

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
A week or 2 ago mum was driving my car, spool, wet, shitty brand tyres (getting low on tread aswell)....
She turns the corner, gets straight and went to accelerate a little and as it shifted into 2nd I think she hit an oily-ish patch (was a sunny day then randomly started pissing down), **** herself a little as she saw the speedo flick upto 100km as she skated 2nd down a main street lol, she held it pretty well and knew what she was doing..
Good old mum the hoon, made me proud lol :)

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
My Mum always tells us off if we even think about doing anything stupid in our cars lol, even if it is just going through some twisty road, she always says slow down.

The only thing hoon-ish she does is rev our cars when she's in them coz she doesn't mind the sound of a V8 (beats the sound her Rio makes lol).

But when we take the 4b's for a spin we all have a ball (and it means I can have a drive coz we normally go on private property :thumbsup:)

CommVTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II S pack
Memory I'll never forget is when my mum was driving me to the shops this year to have a look around. As she was parking she decided to nail the accelerator instead of brake and drove straight into a concrete pillar which caused 6k worth of damage.
Needless to say I don't go shopping with my mum anymore.

B

BXHD

haha when dad got his maloo, and it was nice and tuned, pretty loud, me and mum took if for a drive, heading up a street she nailed it in first and the people on the side of the road **** them selves haha. she had a massive smile on her face a i was lyk, MUMMY UR SUCH A HOON! the other funny time was when i was silly and trying to annoy her and i was driving the vl through this little place where no one ever is and i let it rip on the wet dirt and was skating and she was like " YOUR AN IDIOT, i hope u get caught" sure enough, the only cop car in yea happened to just come to that same spot. i was so scared. they followed me to my drivway, i turned in and they probably thought "Bloody Lloydy's daughter"
i was best freinds with the cops daughter too ;) haha.