Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Driving with fog lights on

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol

VH Vacationer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega V6
Turd Kind

To all who think it is so cool....

Sure Volvo pioneered lights on during the day...in the days well before HIDs that can dazzle the hell out of people day or night!

Highbeams on the highway are fine....BUT....people!! if you can see the tailights of the car ahead, GUESS WHAT??? you are probably annoying the crap out of them by filling their mirrors and cabin with light (a bit like the truck in Close Encounters of the Turd Kind)

No sure if Fogs have to be yellow these days....I thought yellow light had a better wavelength for piercing fog....but don't kid yourself thinking that the wall of white light you are throwing up from both your headlights AND your driving lights is helping in FOG!!

Rant Over...going to lie down now...Cheers

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
a quarter of it is from DAKSTER....

Thats because I am articulate and interested in the discussion we are having here. I am contributing my opinions in a continuing discussion, as people do, in a polite and reasonable fashion.

Your contribution has been

i blast my horn and high beams at every car using fog lights in day time and times that are not foggy. if you cant ####ing see a car in the middle of a day, then get off the ####ing road and hand your licence in.

needless to say, i am pretty tired when i get to my destination.

You could always simply stick to a thread you are interested in, then you wouldnt have to be interested in how many times I post in this one.

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
You could always simply stick to a thread you are interested in, then you wouldnt have to be interested in how many times I post in this one.

i don't come here often anymore, because it is getting full up with people that are all armchair experts.

to be honest i dont really care at all about what you have to say, as most of it isn't worth listening to.

it seems lights are a topic close to you though, just the legal side isn't so much.... well regarding HID's anyway.

discomat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
No flaming here but do you ever consider the discomfort you might be causing other drivers, particularly those you are following?

I don't think I have ever been 'discomforted' by stock issue fog lights, as they pretty much point straight down. It's the after market ones which have bothered me from time to time though.

chevyshubox

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore
I think its pretty simple,they are illegal to have on all the time so just use them when it is appropriate. And if your cars modified and you dont want to attract attention to your self from the Police, I would leave them off and hopefully fly under the Radar. Its that easy.