Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Driving With Headlights On.

Do you use lights in the day?

• Total voters

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack

BADNWS

Reaction score
Members Ride
SRT
Having your fog lights on is just ####ing stupid. You may think it makes your car look cool, but you look like a wanker.

/////

How is it stupid???? I suppose cars fitted with DRL's stupid also? same sort of thing one is just higher up on the car than the other.
DRL's are actually brighter than fog lights also.

BADNWS

Reaction score
Members Ride
SRT
+ 1 for another person who says they are dangerous. Like driving with your high beams all the time - surely it's not that much of an imposition to respect other road users on the road?? :bang:
At the very least, turning them off means you won't look like a tard who has nfi about how to operate the car your driving.

Reaper

Driving with your High beams on at all with traffic is DANGEROUS. I do not see how driving with your normal lights and foggies is dangerous? Not only are fog lights on the bottom of the front bumper and are not blinding normal lights dont blind you unless your staring directly into them at night.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Driving with your High beams on at all with traffic is DANGEROUS. I do not see how driving with your normal lights and foggies is dangerous? Not only are fog lights on the bottom of the front bumper and are not blinding normal lights dont blind you unless your staring directly into them at night.

Fog lights are low and angled up dazzling the eyes of oncoming traffic. Ever wondered why the regs say not to have them on unless foggy?

Reaper

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
How is it stupid???? I suppose cars fitted with DRL's stupid also? same sort of thing one is just higher up on the car than the other.
DRL's are actually brighter than fog lights also.

DRL's are stupid.

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
If your eyes are sensitive enough that fogs or dipped headlights annoy you during the day then what do you do when the suns out?

If its so dangerous why is it law in nz for motorbikes to have a headlight on at all times? Or in the eu to have drl or headlights on at all times? Seems to me that it improves safety not damages it. (I suspect Australia has similar laws to nz, since on most new bikes you cannot turn the headlight off)
Edit: like to support my claims http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-518495/EU-force-drivers-use-car-headlights-daytime.html

I have never been blinded or distracted by bumper fitted 'fog lights'. Yes the big yellow 120w+ ones on a 4wd bull bar while blind you though.

I use my fogs as driving lights. On a fine day (open road) I want to be seen. But full headlights seems excessive. Small bumper lights are perfect.

bj42turbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Executive
I think Headlights on all the time is a great idea, although I dont like that your brake lights are not as easy to see in daylight when your tail lights are on aswell..
Having said that I think DRL's are a great idea as it solves this problem but they do make you look like a wAnker...

Dazz

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I want nz to enforce headlights on as soon as you're on the open road at the very least.

Tail lights are much more dim than brake lights plus you have a high stop.

James VY

I like Nirvana too.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
Having your fog lights on is just ####ing stupid. You may think it makes your car look cool, but you look like a wanker.

/////

This.

I cannot stand people who drive with their fog lights on when it's not actually foggy. You're headlights are if you desperately want to be seen. Fog lights are so you can be seen from a distance, under the fog.