Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Drug Addict mother seeks second liver transplant....

melissasd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Guess your right there vr94ss - didn't think of it that technically down the track lol.

But I still agree, she stops abusing her body.

I am a donor, have been since I was old enought to register myself.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
Guess your right there vr94ss - didn't think of it that technically down the track lol.

But I still agree, she stops abusing her body.

I am a donor, have been since I was old enought to register myself.

Good on you Melissasd! I wish more people would think beyond the hype. I'm sure everyone would like her to improve her chances, especially her family. At 24 she must still have parent(s), brother(s)/sister(s) cousins not to mention her kids that want and need her around.

The drug abuse must be opiates(heroin, morphine etc) as she's apparently on the methadone program and they do not damage your liver.

The only thing that I can think of that _could_ be a problem is if she chose to spend money on opiates instead of buying her anti-rejection drugs. I don't know that transplant patients have to pay for them but that's the only thing that would be self inflicted.

That would be buying yourself a death sentence. We don't know but that is the only thing that'd kill the liver. Her immune system.

Cheers!

edit: I'm starting to think everyone should be taught chess in school so they can learn to think more than just one level deep, more than one move in advance.

melissasd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I actually did read the WHOLE newspaper articale but.

And they did state that the transplant did fail because she was using drugs soon after. Her parents are blaming the doctors - as usual.

Her parents are going to pay for her to go fly over to NZ and get the transplant done there now if she gets rejected again.
Maybe her parents should be putting her onto some rehab.. or maybe she needs to grow up and stop taking drugs as she has 2 young children to look after.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Kind of agree greendude but banning is for wooses, no one should be without extreme reason in my opinion. Banning sucks except for spammers.

Edit: Does that mean he was banned?

Yes he was banned, I don't think that was deserved at all. Moderation isn't
supposed to be personal, you can't go around banning people just because you don't agree or can't handle that persons opinion. And if you are running around saying people should be left to die with no help or compasion of any kind then you deserve all the criticism you get. Humans as a whole are a total bastard of a species, we only have one thing going for us and that's the abilty to care for other life forms. If any living thing is in trouble and needs help, then that's your job, humans included. It's the difference between a perfect world and stuffed world, as soon as you break that one simple rule, everything goes to ****. So if you need a transplant, want a transplant and a mother of two kids definatly ticks both boxes. No matter what she should be helped, doesnt mean she should go straight to the front of the line but saying no, that's just wrong. It's like mowing your lawn

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
I actually did read the WHOLE newspaper articale but.

And they did state that the transplant did fail because she was using drugs soon after. Her parents are blaming the doctors - as usual.

Her parents are going to pay for her to go fly over to NZ and get the transplant done there now if she gets rejected again.
Maybe her parents should be putting her onto some rehab.. or maybe she needs to grow up and stop taking drugs as she has 2 young children to look after.

She has probs for sure. I still cannot have anything but empathy for her and her family. She can't grow up without a transplant. It's funny, the gov considers my kids, kids till they're 25 for entrance to uni. I need to support them. At 18 they can vote but gov wants to change that to 21. At 17 they can drive. Adulthood has been shoved around all over the place and people treated like children for a couple of decades.

People will not be able to take adult decisions until they have full adult rights and responsibility. You are either an adult or not. The ambiguity only serves to alienate. To some she's still almost a child if situations were different.

This is also one of the reasons I hate the hoon laws and extended P's even though I'm well and truly past that stage of my life. You are either an adult... or not.. When adults are treated like kids don't expect them to disappoint you.

Yep, went on a rant;) Forgive me..

Cheers.

edit: Mistyped
At 18 they can vote but gov wants to change that to 21.
should read
At 18 they can vote but gov wants to change it to 21 for them to drink.

Last edited:

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
Yes he was banned, I don't think that was deserved at all. Moderation isn't
supposed to be personal, you can't go around banning people just because you don't agree or can't handle that persons opinion. And if you are running around saying people should be left to die with no help or compasion of any kind then you deserve all the criticism you get. Humans as a whole are a total bastard of a species, we only have one thing going for us and that's the abilty to care for other life forms. If any living thing is in trouble and needs help, then that's your job, humans included. It's the difference between a perfect world and stuffed world, as soon as you break that one simple rule, everything goes to ****. So if you need a transplant, want a transplant and a mother of two kids definatly ticks both boxes. No matter what she should be helped, doesnt mean she should go straight to the front of the line but saying no, that's just wrong. It's like mowing your lawn

All I can say is I think we have a lot in common. Well I could say more but I don't think it's necessary.. You sound like a good man greendude.

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
She has probs for sure. I still cannot have anything but empathy for her and her family. She can't grow up without a transplant. It's funny, the gov considers my kids, kids till they're 25 for entrance to uni. I need to support them. At 18 they can vote but gov wants to change that to 21. At 17 they can drive. Adulthood has been shoved around all over the place and people treated like children for a couple of decades.

People will not be able to take adult decisions until they have full adult rights and responsibility. You are either an adult or not. The ambiguity only serves to alienate. To some she's still almost a child if situations were different.

This is also one of the reasons I hate the hoon laws and extended P's even though I'm well and truly past that stage of my life. You are either an adult... or not.. When adults are treated like kids don't expect them to disappoint you.

Yep, went on a rant;) Forgive me..

Cheers.

edit: Mistyped
At 18 they can vote but gov wants to change that to 21.
should read
At 18 they can vote but gov wants to change it to 21 for them to drink.
Good.
****ing.
Rant.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
I love it how people in here think they should have ANY say in who lives and who dies.

What a pointless thing to whinge about.

Everyone sign up for organ donation, and that's all there is to it. The media being what it is these days, nobody will ever hear the full story on anything. I would write a very angry book on that if I thought anyone would read it.

Some people on here are way too self important for their own good.

Sam

quoted for truth.

All good Sam! Thumbs up except for the "What a pointless thing to whinge about." It not pointless when someones life is in the balance and "public opinion" seems to say she should just curl up in a corner and die.

I don't think that's what you were saying, in fact the opposite is what I got from it(correct me if I'm wrong), but you need to argue against the mindset of the minuxs and sashyres of this world.

If we reduce ourselves to animals(strong should live etc) they'd be the first to complain about the outcomes of doing so. They just have the ego that makes them think they'll be the survivors of such a situation.

Cheers:beer chug:

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
LOL @ the intelligence displayed here.

You seem like the sort of person who should be refused a transplant.

Hehe.. Sorry if I'm wrong, after I found he got himself banned for that emotional rant you seem like the person(if you did it) that needs a heart transplant. You wouldn't like mine though.. It works and has empathy for it's fellow man. I believe Dick Cheney will be dead soon, you could put dibs in on his faltering ticker!

Cheers!

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
All good Sam! Thumbs up except for the "What a pointless thing to whinge about." It not pointless when someones life is in the balance and "public opinion" seems to say she should just curl up in a corner and die.

I don't think that's what you were saying, in fact the opposite is what I got from it(correct me if I'm wrong), but you need to argue against the mindset of the minuxs and sashyres of this world.

If we reduce ourselves to animals(strong should live etc) they'd be the first to complain about the outcomes of doing so. They just have the ego that makes them think they'll be the survivors of such a situation.

Cheers:beer chug:
You're close to being on the money.

My thoughts on society are that we are in fact - of course - animals really, with animal instincts. However! It sort of ties in with this that I believe I'm in no position to judge who lives and dies, and nor should anyone else be. Truth is I'm a bit ..weird.. really. I'm sure there's a word for it, but google hasn't told me :) I hate society and how it works. Everything about it. But only when I stop to really think hard about it, I don't spend all my time all emo lol. It's just logical and very apparent for me, somehow, that our society is (in a lot of ways) really, very seriously messed up.

This doesn't make me hate life, I just googled the definition of 'sociopath' and I'm not one of those either I don't think.. I'm certainly not emo nor suicidal in any way.. . Maybe I'll manage to categorize myself one day lol

Anyway!!!
Long story short, you know what I mean about the 'pointless thing to whinge about'. Didn't quite express it right but you get the picture I'm sure.

Wow what a ramble. I'm impressed with myself ^.^

Sam