Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Drug testing

helly

FUZZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SSV Ute Poison Ivy...
smokey_dj said:
from my understanding it will show up for 6 months on the secondary test but on the primary test only will for 3 days
i think its if it shows a high reading on the secondary test thats when you get done
like the breatho they primary test you then have to blood test you if you show a reading cause the first test isnt exactly accurate

That's excatly right... The test used also tests for amphetamines!

It's also starting here in NSW very very soon, like now infact!

Be GOOD!

smokey_dj

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 vn series 2 exec [URMONY] & 93 vp calais
w00t finally proof i know what im talkign about when it comes to laws :D

helly

FUZZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
smokey_dj said:
no no no thats just how long it can be detected in your system ya goose not howe long after they can book you for it

i think its only the first 72 hours after you can be booked but on there discresion by the amount of the read out from your test thats stil considderd to be "noticably dangerous to others"

No, he's actually correct in what he's saying, the Q was asked how long it stay's in your system. And it's 6 months. Of course you wouldn't get booked if you had a cone 6 months ago before driving...

The indicator test used won't show that anyway, but the details what levels it does detect won't be released. The secondary test will be sent away where a doctor will analyse the sample and make a scientific determination which is specific to the person based on quite a lot of details, stating whther the person was affected at the time of driving...

helly

FUZZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sorry, i just realised you were talking about yourself...

Sorry dude

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
I know too many people that drive around under the influence.

I'm suprised its taken so long, you can't drive drunk, why did it take so long to stop people from driving around off their chops.

_Mukas_

DJ Titan...Hardstyle guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Statesman
my impression was that the saliva tests can trace weed back 4 hours or so and amphetamines up to 7 hrs previous.....
in my experience driving stoned increases concentration because you know your stoned and concentrate on things around you a bit more and you never speed... then again reaction times are obviously slower, but if your concentrating more you notice it earlier and adjust...coz the last thing you wana do is stack while your stoned coz insurance will just laugh at ya....
amphetamine is a stimulant so it definately increases your awareness of potential dangers and movements...although i can understand the "hero factor" and feeling of "invincibility" if you were driving while tweaking...

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Yeaaah.. I disagree hey. Stoned yeah your reaction times are down, you may think your compensating but its the things that you can't compensate for, same as when your blind drunk, your reaction times are gone. By the time that kid walks out in front of you and your 3 seconds up the road she's already splattered across your windscreen. Instead of being love tapped down the street 10m.

And other things.. Well, theres been times where I can't even remember what I've done, I don't see how thats going to help me drive..

I just think the only conscious way to drive safely, is when your clean, sober and alert.

Trevor 062

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE S2 SSV REDLINE & 07 VZ ACCLAIM WAGON
smokey_dj said:
no no no thats just how long it can be detected in your system ya goose not howe long after they can book you for it

i think its only the first 72 hours after you can be booked but on there discresion by the amount of the read out from your test thats stil considderd to be "noticably dangerous to others"

Goose??? How about you SMO you nob.

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
so that means if you went a night club, stayed for a few hours there, breathed in the smoke there, your gonna get done if your tested.... or do new smoking laws ban smoking in night clubs ?