Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DTC P0201 VZ Injectors

SargeRX7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
Hey guys.

Well I had the almost all of the computer components in the car changed recently and the wiring re done. We got the car back and after a drive I got another powertrain problem.

Ran a OBD scan on it and it told me P0201 - Injection Open Circuit Cylinder One.

Would this be an electrical problem or would there be a problem with the Injector it self? What OHM rating should I see when measuring the resistance of the Injector?

Any info would be great

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
check your earths around the motor, and from the motor, to body, body to battery etc,

make sure they are all tight and clean,,

does the motor miss?

if it dosnt just disconnect the battery and reconnect it, see if it clears it

SargeRX7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
Hey

Yes they are missing and its very noticeable. The engine starts perfectly fine but on idle it sounds as if its going to stall and the engine is rocking because its running off balance. If I hold the revs at around 3k it runs smoothly just on low rpm and take offs its sounds like the engine is misfiring alot. The exhaust is popping alot and producing alot of burble which I believe is an indication that there is no combustion occurring in the cylinder.

I'm going to run an OHM test on the Injectors. I will check all earthing terminals. What is the OHM rating that I should be seeing on these injectors? I'm just going to measure them all and make sure they are very close to each other. After that ill assume its a wiring issue either grounding or from the PCM.

Which cylinder is cylinder 1? Front of the engine on the air box side or battery side?