Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dual Fuel Problem

bradyboi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5.0 V8 Ute
Hey guys.. new to the forum, Not sure if this has been asked before or is a common problem, But the vehicle im buying.. ( vs v8 Ute, 1996) Is currently running a dual fuel system... and apparently all of the lpg mechanisms have been recently replaced. But the seller reckons that it runs realli crap on petrol, but runs absolutely flawless on gas.. The petrol problem only seems to be obvious when ya like back off or are cruising along.. IF given the heavy right foot, it doesnt seem to pose much of a problem. Would this be like the fuel filter or fuel pump?some ideas would be good, cheers

kirkson

Captain
Reaction score
Members Ride
93 vr v6 exec duel fuel
Hmmmmmmmmm, could be fuel pump??????????

bradyboi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5.0 V8 Ute
Hmmmmmmmmm, could be fuel pump??????????

Well now that i think about it... With regards to the fuel pump... It seems to run fine when it gets a bootin.. So the fuel pump reaches its maximum capacity.. and runs fine.. so that makes me think its not, but im no expert

94 Stato V8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Series 11 wagon, 2014 VF SV6 Storm Ute
My guess would be dirty injectors (not enough running on petrol, too much running on gas). I think the only fix is injector service or replacement. I have the same thing on my EA, but the Stato just had the injectors replaced before I bought it about 8 months ago. You should run it on petrol about 1 day a week to keep things running nice.

Tim

tymes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 ute
I have the same problem with my ute.
I changed the fuel pump, filter, injectors, ign module, hall sensor, ox sensor, plugs, leads, cap, button, cleaned the idle valve throtle body (which were really crapy, methinks due to the gas goes straight in through there). and the only thing that seems to smooth it out on petrol is droping the base timing down to anything below about 8 deg. I dont know if it may have something to do with the valves leaking (which may be caused by the high gas combustion temperatures). Has anyone had and managed to fix this problem in the past? or do I pull my heads off for a look at them?

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
it might of been tuned purely for gas also what petrol is he putting cos it may not like standard 91RON petrol.