Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dual Fuel won't run on gas?

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute
Just got myself a VZ 2006 Sedan on factory gas and the switch will allow it to run on gas for 2 mins max before beeping and going back to petrol... What could this be??

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
A problem. Suggest you consult with a licenced Auto Gas Fitter/Installer. Good luck.

bcw61

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive Wagon
Just got myself a VZ 2006 Sedan on factory gas and the switch will allow it to run on gas for 2 mins max before beeping and going back to petrol... What could this be??

I had the exact same issue with my 2005 dual fuel VZ V6. It was a bastard to track down the fault, which eventually turned out to be a faulty LPG reducer temperature sensor - this sensor detects the coolant temperature and lets the LPG ECU know when the coolant temperature is high enough to switch over to LPG operation.. Once this was faulty sensor was replaced, the LPG system worked fine.

Replacing the sensor is simple, as there is no requirement to break into the LPG side of things, therefore there are no LPG safety issues.

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute
I had the exact same issue with my 2005 dual fuel VZ V6. It was a bastard to track down the fault, which eventually turned out to be a faulty LPG reducer temperature sensor - this sensor detects the coolant temperature and lets the LPG ECU know when the coolant temperature is high enough to switch over to LPG operation.. Once this was faulty sensor was replaced, the LPG system worked fine.

Replacing the sensor is simple, as there is no requirement to break into the LPG side of things, therefore there are no LPG safety issues.

Where could I get one of these sensors and how easy are they to fit ?

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute

Would this suit?
NEW Genuine Standard Coolant Temperature Sensor FOR Holden Commodore VZ VE | eBay

bcw61

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive Wagon

Hi mate. I just had a more in depth look at the breakdown of the reducer and it appears that, as the sensor has an O-ring to seal it into the reducer body, it may in fact break into the low pressure outlet side of the LPG system. BTW, that sensor you refer to in your post is not the LPG sensor, so it is not suitable.

If you are not confident nor have instructions for the breakdown of the reducer, then you may want to refer the replacement of the sensor to an authorised dealer or gas system maintainer. I would suggest however that you might want to purchase the sensor yourself, as you might be able to save yourself a bit of time/money. The sensor would be available through Impco Aust, or Mega Gas in Adelaide also sell Impco BRC parts.

Sorry for the bum steer and hope you can sort out your issue.

Bigjonhed

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Commodore alloytec one tonner

I have the same issue with my aftermarket injected lpg. Changes over to gas runs for five minutes then stops.

Dingo_001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve series 2
Hi, quick question as I have the same issue. Where is this reducer located? I have a VE series 2, hoping it may be the same problem as the local gas guru cannot locate issue.
Cheers

Last edited by a moderator: