Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DUEL Maps On A Delco ECU???

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
i was reading on ebay and geoff whyte is selling his v6 turbo wagon. in the description he says he has duel maps at the flick of a switch. now rather than bothering him.. does anyone know how to do this??? i would be quite interested to know how to do it. then when i burn an eprom (when i learn a little more) i could burn two at a time and then go out and test the two on one test drive..

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
He doesn't have 2 ECU's does he?

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
well i did think that. but i thought there may be an easier way of doing it..

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
stacking different images on one eprom, larger than the original unit, then switching the used segments of the eprom

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
as bob said, me and a few others were playing with it, you get a eprom that holds more data, enough for 2 tunes, then u switch a certain pin between ground and 5v to swap between the tunes, worked ok, but for the average commo, it wasnt worthwhile, just run a vr tune with leancruise and have your main maps as crazy as you want.

using 2 maps, you can also have one as a safe medium tune to switch to if the car starts pinging like crazy or something on the "test" tune, when you're tuning yourself.

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
so for a vn ya use a 256 or a 512 eprom??? is that right. then how do you go about switching them over from one to another??

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
correct, then you just have to run the a15 i think pin(last a## pin on the eprom) to a switch that connects it to ground or positive 5v.

id have to find all my info i had on it, though im sure theres also a thread somewhere for it too.

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
maybe i should do a search then ask a few more questions..

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
i did a search and 497 threads came up. i tried different things but still 497 threads. so if anyone knows where a thread is on duel maps let me know.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
try searching those words with me as a thread starter or poster, try same with greenfoam and vl400

i cbf searching atm