Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dunno if its just me, wierd thing...

VNPOWER

Reaction score
Members Ride
My00 Wrx 240kwatw
jolly_97 said:
soooo which is better for fuel economy? ;)

Blue D for over 80k's+ road.

gear 3 for below 70

Basically, if you leave it in overdrive and you dont go over 70k's, the tranny will always kick back to third when you give it a little grunt. Aparently this ****s autos up, however my mum has had her vn since new and shes always kept it in the blue D and her tranny is fine, and she only has ever done city driving.

And if you leave it in 3rd at 100k's per hour from memory the revs are at about 2,600, in 4th its at 2grand thus saving fuel.

jolly_97

THE VACATIONER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP Vacationer
hrmmm righto, i might hafta start leaving it in the white D, our speedlimit doesnt go about 60 around town...

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
yeh alright ppl no need to be like that i always thought overdrive meant stretching the gears out (which is wat my white d does for me) and i know white d is 3rd gear but who normally drives their car in 3rd just like the new commy's they have 3rd instead of the white d and i dont know any 1 that drives theirs in 3rd they always put it in drive