Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DVD Player for VE Sedan

The X Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES II SV6 SIDI
I have a Series II and the kids want to watch DVD's in the back whilst on long trips. I have the option to either buy those tackly ones that strap around the headrests or i can go for a more customized option of either having screens built into the headrests or buy a roof type DVD player.

I haven't seen any headrest replacements that are fabric, they all are leather or vinyl so this won't work.

Any ideas?

Jarrrrred

Reaction score
Members Ride
'08 VE SV6 Sedan
My VE came with the on installed on roof, works fine not that I use it much.

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1

The X Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES II SV6 SIDI
I did look at fitting aftermarket headrests but they are all leather or vinyl, i have fabric trim so these aftermarket jobs would look shithouse.

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
I did look at fitting aftermarket headrests but they are all leather or vinyl, i have fabric trim so these aftermarket jobs would look shithouse.

Totally agree. Thats why I ended up doing it myself.

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
i dont care about mirror if it keeps kids quiet on long hauls....

On my SS, I asked to have a DVD as an option. Because the car was already in stock (and had a sunrood) they had an aftermarket one fitted. Ended up being much better. It was a roof mounted Alpine 10" jobby and its one of the best on the market. The big problem with the factory Blaupunkt ones is they break the hinge. This thing would never have broken.

Alpine Electronics of Australia

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
i dont care about mirror if it keeps kids quiet on long hauls....

]

We do about 15-20 600km plus trips a year. My wife does a bit of the driving and I would prefer to make it as easy and safe as possible.

I also dont like the idea of the kids heads/necks angled up to the roof for along time. In the back of the headrest solved all the problems and it look good to!