Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DVD player in vy berlina now having starting issues plz help

scottmcguinness172

Reaction score
Hi all I put a pioneer double din DVD player in my vy berlina and ever since then I am having starting issues I got the iso connectors from auto barn so I didn't have to cut the loom so I can put it back to factory. I went to the servo today started fine at home pulled up to put fuel in my car left the accessories on for 5 mins max and came back went to start the car and it wouldn't crank the reds would come on but wouldn't crank at all I could here the fuel pump and the starter relay. I changed the starter relay and no difference I eventually got it going got it home disconnected the neg on the battery and let it sit for like 30 mins put the battery back on and it started turned it off and it wouldn't crank again has anyone had this problem please help

M

magnumv8

Have you possibly pulled a bit on the wires that run to the gear selector? Maybe the computer doesnt know you are in park when you try to start the engine? Try selecting neutral and starting.