Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dvd to avi free program

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
Hi, i am getting a media player soon that has a tb of storage to put all my dvds on.
Can someone recommend a free program to convert my dvds to avi please? A link to it would be good as well.
Cheers Shane

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
got one on the other computer but can't remember what it's called. Could be fab or something, got a bunch of them for different things. Might be a trial version of nero that does it.

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
DVD Shrink

I don't know if putting a download link here is against the rules of the forum, so I won't, but it is *very* easy to find (google it). If you can't find it, PM me and I'll hook you up.

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon
dvd shrink is a freeware program, so it's not illegal to download it. but it won't convert a dvd to a divx format.

I've never had great success with converting dvd on a pc, not that I've tried a lot of programs. I use handbrake on the Mac, simple quick and gives great results.

vnv8driver

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
304 Calais
handbrake hey, got a link?? if ive learnt something about convertion software, you need one that has been written well (ie-not a free one) to work like it should.

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
Handbrake is free aswell HandBrake awesome little program

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
dvd shrink is a freeware program, so it's not illegal to download it. but it won't convert a dvd to a divx format.

I've never had great success with converting dvd on a pc, not that I've tried a lot of programs. I use handbrake on the Mac, simple quick and gives great results.

I realise that - I just wasn't sure if it was against the rules of the forum to provide a link for a program that can easily breach copyright laws, thats all. ;) Anyway, here
is a download link.

I mostly use my PC for ripping DVDs, since it has the bigger HDD, but for the odd occasion when I use my Mac, I find that MacTheRipper does a decent job.

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
Mac the Ripper is great for extracting the vob files from a dvd but it still wont compress nor will it convert it to divx. Mac the Ripper can be used in conjunction with Toast to rip compress and burn a dvd, or used with handbrake and toast to convert to divx and burn to cd/dvd.

Divx will allow you to convert a 4gb dvd to around 1gb with little loss of quality, allowing you to burn 3-6 movies to a dvd! if your dvd player can play divx of course.