Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dyers' 96 VS ute

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Nice, yeah the 4.2's arnt bad, my bro-inlaw has one, never serviced, always flogged, rough as #### on, still keeps going. Other bro-inlaw has the 2.8L model, does the job, but needs more poke haha.
My cruiser has 3" straight back from the Turbo, no mufflers, its loud and with 33's the turbo is going hackers, cant wait for the 35's to go back on.

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
ute is being **** at the moment, i hate it.

water leak in the passengers side footwell, broken tailgate latch thing, water gets in the back when it never used to.

should just sell it.

Pannell

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
ute is being **** at the moment, i hate it.

water leak in the passengers side footwell, broken tailgate latch thing, water gets in the back when it never used to.

should just sell it.

Haha yeh mate they get a bit like that..my starter motor died the other day...$450 later shes back on the road lol stick with it man...no matter wat u get it will still hav problems

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
My ute has leaked in the passenger footwell a couple of times NFI what causes it but it hasnt done it for ages, touch wood cause my car is a filing cabinet atm haha.

With the latch, is it when you open the tailgate the things dont spring back out to hold it shut? If it is, take them out and clean all the dirt and **** and regrease, worked with mine, needs doing again soon though.

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
nah its not that bit on the tailgate, its the alloy bits that sit on either side of the tailgate on the tub itself.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Neat ute mate. Any more recent pics and details of whats happening?

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
haha havent checked this in a bit.

ute still goes, i just fixed the floppy getrag shifter with some new bushes. it needs a set of spark plugs though, leads are fine.

did a quarter mile run using the iphone app 'light em up' (same as dynolicious, just with heaps of bosch adverts).

f7a0d8cb1ad38702f7c0a70f7d5d13e6.jpg

if you look at the power graph, you can see its not running very nice as the curve is very choppy.

i think the power would be pretty on the mark, i put 1500kg in as the vehicle weight as the other day i weighed it on our weighbridge and its was 1390kg nearly empty of fuel so now with around 20L in the tank and me driving it would be very close to 1500kg.

i'm going to get new shocks and a rear anti roll bar soon.