Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dying alternator or something else?

Moni

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
Hello sorry to bother you I just noticed your post was recent so I am new to this an don't no how I WRITE to ask wats wrong with my car I have a 've berlina I posted an don't think it worked I can't get immobiliser to turn off and I've switched battery new one in an followed manual and it's saying immobiliser do you know or know anyone that can help me get this flippan car going or tell me how to post at least I no u have a problem with your car and vi hope it works maybe u b angry at me but bum only a woman 35 and don't no what to do regards monique

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Hello sorry to bother you I just noticed your post was recent so I am new to this an don't no how I WRITE to ask wats wrong with my car I have a 've berlina I posted an don't think it worked I can't get immobiliser to turn off and I've switched battery new one in an followed manual and it's saying immobiliser do you know or know anyone that can help me get this flippan car going or tell me how to post at least I no u have a problem with your car and vi hope it works maybe u b angry at me but bum only a woman 35 and don't no what to do regards monique

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/forums/ve-holden-commodore-2006-2013.75/

Post your question to the link above, unlikely you'll get much response here.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

@Moni I see you have posted in the correct forum. Now you will have to wait for a response. Keep in mind it could take a few days to get replies.

Moni

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
Thank you for trying to help im not sure if i got wat i wrote out there before but thanx for trying to help. I will try way you sent me cheers matey

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

Moni

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
@Moni I see you have posted in the correct forum. Now you will have to wait for a response. Keep in mind it could take a few days to get replies.
Oh good at least I got it out there thanx a lot I hope you get your issue sorted ...I had 2 cars break down on me In 1 day fewming but one is a battery an other well difficult .cheers mate

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
I'm starting to think you might be on the right track.

But in saying that, normally a balancer will make that noise at idle and go away at higher revs and once the revs drop it will commence making the noise again.

It probably hasn't totally let rip as yet and is only just starting, but if it has it will only last a short time until you can't drive it any more.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
I'd just use the largest screwdriver out of the T-186 Stanley set (Blue Handled one) or equivalent tool and lever gently from behind the balancer, remembering that the timing cover is diecast metal and see if one side of the balancer will move forward more easily than the other side. If the same then I'd rotate the balancer 90 degrees and do the same again. This effectively now will test what was the top and bottom of the balancer.

I'm pretty sure this will give you your answer.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The balancer has a lot more flex than I remember it ever having when I fitted it close to three years ago. I just had a look and it will be pretty hard to wedge a screw driver in anywhere without cracking the plastic casing that hold the CAS in place. It doesn't flex with the belt on that I can feel but take the belt off and it can be flexed reasonably well. Think I have to bite the bullet and buy a new balancer and book it in to be replaced, because last time it went it was a flatbed all the home almost 2hrs away.