Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dyno results alot less this time round..

speed__demond

slammed and cammed
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vs statesman 5L
vs5l with 4761 cam and 10.5:1 comp.
4 months ago it got dyno tuned at addicted performance made 170rwkw.
I got the sheets. they used a kalmaker chip

this week after the chip frying and having a 2400-2600 hi-stall put in I had a retune at a different tuner. he tuned the delco chip.
it made low 160 and then they said the engine was getting hot. which it was around 100 deg my radiators a little shagged,
and it made 155rwkw.

I can imagine a hot engine making 5% less power but will a hi-stall to match my cam really loose almost 10% more

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
vs5l with 4761 cam and 10.5:1 comp.
4 months ago it got dyno tuned at addicted performance made 170rwkw.
I got the sheets. they used a kalmaker chip

this week after the chip frying and having a 2400-2600 hi-stall put in I had a retune at a different tuner. he tuned the delco chip.
it made low 160 and then they said the engine was getting hot. which it was around 100 deg my radiators a little shagged,
and it made 155rwkw.

I can imagine a hot engine making 5% less power but will a hi-stall to match my cam really loose almost 10% more
Stall will always drop power level.

JETURBO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF R8 SV
Without a doubt a converter will suck rwkw numbers

Cheers

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 1 Tonner S V6 Raptor Charged!
Different dyno as well I assume. There will be differences from one to the next.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I always get Dynoed on the same Dyno at the same Shop.
I'm still not 100% sure of accuracy of the charts against each other. You know; operator technique, tie down technique, software updates even. But it is a good guide to what difference certain changes have made. Don't look at peak HP only, but compare torque curve's and peaks; and your most important details are the AFR's

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
just didn't think id loose that much power

pretty sure it can measure a significant drop 'on paper' because you lose the first part of the curve and the smaller/larger turbine/impellor inside messes with the calculations. spoke to a guy that builds dynos and he was saying that big stalls like 5K plus can sometimes show 100HP+ drop when the figures get up over 600hp.

also engine temps can be affected by hi-stalls. im yet to figure out how, but my VK went from running cold temps to "just getting into the danger zone" temps after a stally. and before you say "its the additional heat running through the radiator" when i added the stally to mine, i went through a cooler-only and disconnected the radiator. it was only after i re-ran it through the rad+the cooler that temps dropped back to normal.

speed__demond

slammed and cammed
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vs statesman 5L
yeah its hard to say. its feels quickr when you give it a bit of throttle but less when your cruising... that's expected with the stall..
it now starts in a split second by just turning the key, pretty good for a hot cam. but it also feels a lot more choppy, like its missing or something, or maybe its just the motor can have a rumble because theres less load on it due to the stall slippage.. I dunno..

next step is to get my bloody oxysensor reading. neither tuner could get one working so they've both just turned the code off.