Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dyno Run 4 SUBDUE VN SS "July 2005"

D

dpac

pacey said:
Sorry, I was actually referring to that idiot apparent pschology student who was dribbling S***.... or was that u. Or are you just correcting me on his bulls****. I dunno...I'm confused :confused:

Anyway, good stuff. Post us another dyno reading after you've completed other mods.

actually i think he is talking to me and for starters i have a dyno run sheet from my stroker, it pulled 142rwkw on shootout mode so probably about 135rwkw normally..... this equates to about 190rwhp or 190kw @fly, which was a little on the low side.

but it is all about where the power and torque is in the rev range, quarter mile i reakon it would have run a mid-high 14.

this was a healthy 59,000km 215i vr senator, so read below and go back to your shell! :bop:

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 419

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
50psi in your tyres??? wow thats what i put in truck tyres

pacey

I'm Back
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII 2000 Commodre Exec.
dpac said:
this equates to about 190rwhp or 190kw @fly, which was a little on the low side.

but it is all about where the power and torque is in the rev range, quarter mile i reakon it would have run a mid-high 14.

this was a healthy 59,000km 215i vr senator, so read below and go back to your shell! :bop:

Mate, before you go and lose your knickers over this and get to ****y, go back to the thread about "Times in 1/4 Miles" (About a week back). There was a guy there that said he was getting 197.5hp at the rear wheels. (Later it was discovered he was made it up for his psychology class) I made a mistake and got the 215kw from another thread and got it mixed up with the thread this relates to. I apologise for that but **** m8, before you jump the gun, make sure the statement is directed at you. otherwise you'll look like a complete idiot.
Unless of course you changed your name from petesvn to dpac.

You just wasted your time in creating a fight that wasn't even there so to prevent this from going further, I apologise for the comment, I should have reffered to that thread beforehand and got it right the first time.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Whats been done to her?? They only pull around 120-130kw stock and most times under this depending on condition.
Either the previous own has had stuff done you dont know about, your not telling us something or the dyno is way out.
AirStrike :air:

pacey

I'm Back
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII 2000 Commodre Exec.
AirStrike said:
Whats been done to her?? They only pull around 120-130kw stock and most times under this depending on condition.
Either the previous own has had stuff done you dont know about, your not telling us something or the dyno is way out.

Airstrike - Was it you amongst the other guys who f***ed up that other guy for trying to lie about how much power is commodore had!

Just curious (didn't want to go back to that post again). Coz you seem to know your stuff. I'm guessing your fairly qualified in the field of mechanics.

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
AirStrike said:
Yeah i got no idea the exhaust is new and engine internals seem healthy, im not sure maybe it has a inlet upgrade or tb undgrade but i got no idea. Im quite happy what it did and maybe with the cam it should put out some good numbers. The Guys @ D & T said it should have only put out 125kw but they are really surprised 2 see what it did and wondered what is inside the engine 2 do those numbers. Are well im not complaining. Thanks guys for ur weird and wonderful comments lol.

azzurro

Reaction score
Website
www.aus300zx.com, www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VT Executive, Nissan 300zx, 1974 HJ Kingswood
Opinion from someone whos driven the car

Hey fellas,

Its a sweet car but Brad and I arnt sure what could be giving it 20kw more at the rears over a conventional VNSS.

It is 15years old so anyone could have done some work on it to make it go harder.

It could be the throttlebody or in the head work..

It could be a whole new motor dropped in some years back like an SV5000 motor or a clubbie motor. - Or could have been sold at the factory as an SS Update with a HSV motor.

It could also have the Trans or Diff modified over time that Brad doesnt know bout.

Any way facts are facts and we know dynoes are all different so the way we tell is go buy the 1/4mile time or take it to another dyno. Im guessing the numbers are real. Its gonna be fun finding out.

PS BRAD - Have a run with My Zed car and youll know if its fast :bop:

Cheers , Frank

enhancedss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE R8 LS3, VYSS Ute 10.0@146MPH & VYSSTT 525rwkw
subdue said:
Yeah i got no idea the exhaust is new and engine internals seem healthy, im not sure maybe it has a inlet upgrade or tb undgrade but i got no idea. Im quite happy what it did and maybe with the cam it should put out some good numbers. The Guys @ D & T said it should have only put out 125kw but they are really surprised 2 see what it did and wondered what is inside the engine 2 do those numbers. Are well im not complaining. Thanks guys for ur weird and wonderful comments lol.

not all commodores pump out the same kw's, from factory, some are just freak engines autos have less kw's at the wheels than manuals, etc. for example u can build two engines same bore size same parts everything the same and one engine can be a freak and the other might be a slug.

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Premium HP Increase For SUBDUE SS

Hey guys would premium give me any increase in hp. The dyno i got done was on unleaded. :king:

D

dpac

s0sage said:
50psi in your tyres??? wow thats what i put in truck tyres

Shootout mode is where several things have to be done to get a accurate reading of the cars power 50psi, car must be strapped down by a certain amount of force, humidity and outside temp must be calculated etc........

ohhh and in my Volvo FH12 i put 70-90psi

subdue said:
Hey guys would premium give me any increase in hp. The dyno i got done was on unleaded. :king:

maybe a kw or two, i think to get maximum gains from PULP it has to be cutom tuned for it. But cleaner petrol can't hurt it.