Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dyno's can they hurt your car ???

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
Ever wondered why the shop gets you to sign a disclaimer before they put your pride and joy on their dyno?

most workshops also get you to sign a disclaimer when they take the keys to service your car....

don't get me wrong, your engine and driveline are going to pushed to their max for that 30 seconds or so on the dyno. But if you are worried about your car blowing up on the dyno, then you should also be worried about giving you car a heap of throttle on the street. Either way, if your engine is in poor condition it's likely to grenade. Difference is a dyno operator can monitor the engine and shut it down at the first sign of trouble.

I've been to several dyno days (with street cars like our own) and the most I've ever seen happen is a water hose blow off.

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
I watched about 20 cars on the dyno on Saturday not one issue at all and that was a comp so all were pushed to there limits.

supercharger kingy

NUCKIN FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE L98 Calais
well i did it now over a month ago.... LOL forgot i did this thread... GOOD NEWS.. nothing went wrong.. 32 cars on the dyno and not a single problem..

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
well i did it now over a month ago.... LOL forgot i did this thread... GOOD NEWS.. nothing went wrong.. 32 cars on the dyno and not a single problem..

I may have read it in another thread about 5mins ago, but have forgotten.
SO > > > What did you pull?? and are you happy with it?

supercharger kingy

NUCKIN FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE L98 Calais
well i got 144rwkw first run 148rwkw 2nd run but the best run i got 156rwkw