Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

E1 Senator

Craigo8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE E1 Senator Signature
Finally got my car back............what a saga.Wife was driving home in nasty storm.Hit a median strip that was submerged and ripped a hole in the sump.Not only that ,Harrop CAI sucked up water like a vacuum cleaner and bang ,piston leaves a rather large hole in the block.So after much arguing with insurance co they decided to replace the motor.Yeah no worries,except HSV have changed the configuration of LS2 motors (sump completely different) and they do not supply an engine #.WTF.So,after locating a sump from Canberra,it finally runs but no engine #.Arrange engineer to stamp # supplied.But stoked to have it back.20¨ Fluxus Alloys going on this week.Harrop CAI goes in the bin LOL.:beer chug:

Attachments

• Senator5.jpg
    Senator5.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 331
  • Senator2.jpg
    Senator2.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 223
  • Senator3.jpg
    Senator3.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Sounds like your wife needs to be told that driving a car like that into water deep enough to submerge a median strip is a bad idea, intake or not.

It's claims like this that jam premiums up for everyone else :axe:

FirstVL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS.II Commodore Executive
Wife was driving home in nasty storm.Hit a median strip that was submerged and ripped a hole in the sump.

This is the best justification for women to drive SUVs that I've ever seen.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
No VEs have LS1s and your mechanic, insurer and engineer should all know that.

Will HSVi fluxus rims fit over HSV brakes? There not actually HSV rims there the same as supersports and are only 8 inches wide too

Craigo8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE E1 Senator Signature
Sorry for the typo.Should read LS2.As for the wife,she was upset enough because she knows how much the car means to me.She has driven it nearly everyday without a scratch since I got it.As far as jamming premiums up,this is the first major claim I have made in the last 15yrs of driving cars every day.The Fluxus rims wont fit so they are out.Thanks for the heads up.All in all just happy to have it back and the wife is OK.She refuses to drive it now anyway.So problem solved.

Craigo8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE E1 Senator Signature
Yeah that's the question we all asked!That night enough rain fell in 1hr to completely flood a local train station .People had to be rescued off the platform by boat.Yep by SES boat!
The roads would of been shocking and a lot of people got stranded in it.The engineer I spoke to said the water probably entered through the front grill and up into the headlight cavity and into the mouth of the CAI.Either way it was a stupid decision by her to keep driving.That all said I would like to thank John at Carline for getting it sorted.No codes and it drives like new.

Craigo8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE E1 Senator Signature
LOL .No mate going to keep the CAI.Dont know bout the wife.Bit harder to chuck out:rofl2: