Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

E85 Anyone?

jneil

Reaction score
Members Ride
'10 Alto SSVeII Redline M6
NONE! 60 cents max for gas (usually about 56 cents) and $1.40 for bp ultimate (which my car has to run).
I usually get a average of high 11's or low 12's with a mix of highway driving and city work (give or take a bit with gas usage).

oops...my bad...thought you were talking e85 and not LPG! :p Yes...gas is much cheaper than e85!

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
oops...my bad...thought you were talking e85 and not LPG! :p Yes...gas is much cheaper than e85!

Apology excepted!:doh:

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
Done it and love it!
Get about same economy as petrol but 80 cent a litre cheaper and a extra 10Rwk's!!!!

What was the cost for the changeover ? did you remove your fuel tank if not where is the gas tank ? I assume it would be the same for the LS3 as it was for you LS2 ?
Cheers :)

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Lol you mention the way of the future then mention your carby in the same sentence... you better inform some of the younger gen y's what one of those are ;)

Some sort of barely controlled fuel leak into the engine isn't it?

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
What was the cost for the changeover ? did you remove your fuel tank if not where is the gas tank ? I assume it would be the same for the LS3 as it was for you LS2 ?
Cheers :)

Conversion was done when i got the car but from what i understand it's around $5500 before rebate fuel tank was left in place and gas tank (80Ltr fill) is in the boot.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
The back of the boot or where your spare is ?

Behind the seat, there was a option of the spare wheel well but i do 1100Klm's a week so I would be filling up every second/third day so I went with the full sized tank.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Lol you mention the way of the future then mention your carby in the same sentence... you better inform some of the younger gen y's what one of those are ;)

I had a one of those things in my old Mazda Van. As far as I could tell its a device used to adjust the Idle from Stall mode to barely run mode. I used to prefer barely run mode as stall mode required 3 legs to drive in traffic and I only have 2.