Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

E85 Race Tune Pirate may have been right!

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
Had the Calais tuned for 85 Race today. Same car,same tuner, same mainline dyno and similar weather. Usual bolt ons: powder coated extractors, 100 CPI Cats, 2.5 SS exhaust and an OTR.

Different day though. Over the BP 98 tune, E85 Race tune = +34 N.M. and +21.3 rwkw!!! Torque at that gain virtually through the entire rev range. Unreal. Paid $1.05 a litre for the fuel . Tuner says will only reduce consumption by about 15% the way he tunes them and he uses E85 in all of his own cars. So money wise I am way in front if he is correct. Even appears to idle slightly better. I won't put the actual totals as we don't need a war.

Bob

Last edited:

Asmodai78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
$105.5 per liter bloody hell

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Can't reinvent the wheel, though many try. All they ever succeed in doing is making it round like every other wheel.

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
I am curious what cold starts are like on factory E85 cars, OP and pirate feel free to weigh in.

It has only had hot starts so far so need to wait until the morning but I don't think I will have trouble in Adelaide in Summer, if ever.