Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

EARLY in the MORNING when Kick over my VS

ORIXVywags

Max stunners on the train
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Acclaim,VR Acclaim,VS Ute,VS Berlina Wagon
Hey all,

experienced a funny happening this morning

Jumped in , Turned the Key, "Chick - Broom" no worries there, let it idle for a minute or two and then tapped the Accel pedal, then PUTT PUTT PUTT (almost stalling), soon as I took my foot off idle normally again, so I guess thats not right

now I had put a CAI on it last week, and also new injectors, so Im not sure, because it hasnt done that before,

I let it idle few more minutes and then tapped the accel again, sounded normal, put it in D and off she went like nothing wrong

Has anyone had this happen at cold start, I will get back to the car this sarvo and see if it does it again,

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Did you refit the air temp sensor after fitting the CAI?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
hope it wasn't a Holden super6 CAI, they are a heatsoak nightmare. although not your problem in this case

odd problem, most likely you'll have to go through a system of elimination to find the problem. what is your fuel mileage like? i see you have already done the injectors, what was the reason for doing these and did you see a increase in mileage? what is your throttle response like?

suggest you try cleaning the MAF and make sure the air filter is good also.

i also suggest doing the O2 sensors if the car has more then 150,000km's and they are the original ones. these are a wearing item and should be replaced every 100,000-150,000km's max if you want peak efficiency. the VS also has a known issue with the 4 wire O2 sensors. my VS was starting to get a flat spot when cold in the mornings and the O2 sensors fixed this (although at this stage i have replaced almost everything except the engine itselt:p )

the VS PCM isself learning and does so fairly quickly. if you have driven it regularly since the CAI and injectors been fitted i would of though the issue would have raised it's ugly head sooner.

ORIXVywags

Reaction score
Members Ride
hahahaha nah, checked the spec's - norm old Ecotec 6 -non supercharged CAI

I guess you were going to say that,

Trial error style -

O2 sensors I got are my next big thing, I will ring my mate at repco and grab me some and swing past mine tonight,

I did the injectors because I had a funny thought that 2 were leaks, (which) they were

so that and CAI was a must, I do heaps of Highway miles

its got 192000km on it now

Nervegas

Reaction score
Members Ride
'11 ve ss thunder ute
Also check for vacum leaks, my vs had acceleration problems and found one of my lines perished

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Also check for vacum leaks, my vs had acceleration problems and found one of my lines perished

thats another common fault with the VS

SIG-054

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Senator Signature
probably a tps sensor

chrisdoesitbetter

| → ³8°º™ ← |
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8L
i was also reading a post about the coolant temp sensor... when cold if faulty it can make it run crap but i would use that as a last resort.

ORIXVywags

Reaction score
Members Ride
I going to put it in with my Mechanic tomorrow, see if he can see something I cant,

I put new Oxygen sensors on it last night, but didnt make much difference this morning,

again putt putt putt, but didn't take aslong to heat up and purr like a kitten again,

its due for it 5000km's oil change anyway, (I would do it myself, but considering this has raised alarm)

I will keep you all in the loop