Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

early vn strut top

skyper

SKYPER
Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6
i was told by holden that from vn to vp there were 3 different tops made 4 that period ,the first lot change 6/89 and so on ,they told me a 5/89 (my car)and a 7 /89 r different and i carnt use the latter,i found out the only different is camber and castor,i carnt c y u carnt fit even vp to a vn ,to me there all the same ,WHAT DO U GUYS RECOKEN

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Yeah they might have different setup but i doubt that a big issue and nothing you cant sort out with an alingment. You can fit a vb-vp strut under any model in between so it will bolt up. I'm pretty sure aftermarket strut tops are sold to suit vb-vp commodores but dont quote me on that

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
I got vl turbo/v8 struts in my vn calais albeit they have nolathane strut tops but they work fine

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
i dont know i havent driven my calais but mine arent adjustable either i think adjustable would raise ride height slightly but i cant really see them making the ride any rougher or harder

skyper

SKYPER
Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6
mate these r totally solid alloy as i understand them ,no rubber in them at all

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
oh well in that case they sound like race application type id say they would reduce ride comfort