Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Easiest way to get 0-100kms in less the 6 seconds??

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
The plan is to go FI with a Raptor, so the 3" is with an eye to the future. Rob Bliss exhaust reccommends a pair of genie Tornado's along with a 3" metal cat. I asked for 2.75" But I'm told there is no such pipe size.

2.75" isn't a commonly used tube size.

2", 2.25", 2.5", 3" & 3.5" are the main ones.

radarak47

I lean to the right
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Acclaim
I went twin 2.5 (high flow cats, twin rear pipes) with 1 3/4" Pacies. This combo has been great with no restrictions and better next to no drone.

FATMAT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6
I went twin 2.5 (high flow cats, twin rear pipes) with 1 3/4" Pacies. This combo has been great with no restrictions and better next to no drone.
Does a twin system sound more refined than a larger single system? By refined, i mean not as loud overall, flows better, no drone, deep low rumble etc...
I haven't heard any full twin systems on 6's before, not in the flesh anyway.

NZpure, :p I still want to see a pic of the TTB's on your VS too!
I don't care if the only benefit is better throttle response, TTB's look awesome.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Twin systems are generally louder as you have 3 cylinders firing in each pipe and each pulse is further apart. If the twin is too large it will be worse than a single, and twins only really work with high rpm as they have more flow than a single.

white vyII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S Ute
Hey mate check out my thread i've got a recording of my twin system http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vy-vz-wk-wl-v2/95644-my-vy-ute-2.html
its down the bottom of post #35
its just the standard ss exhaust dual 2.25" all the way. sounds alright for stock and only cost $50. Will be getting a rear section made up with a straight through muffler to get some more sound out of it! :yeah:
But yer alot deeper than standard single and plenty of flow!

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Twin systems are generally louder as you have 3 cylinders firing in each pipe and each pulse is further apart. If the twin is too large it will be worse than a single, and twins only really work with high rpm as they have more flow than a single.

My gtech tells me I gained 15 rwhp! just going from a single 2.5 to twin 2.25, both systems are straight through mufflers, huuuge gains at the power level I'm making and more everywhre straight off idle even, pretty good considering I made almost nothing on the headers. But I think the rest of the system was holding them back

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
Prob get in trouble doing this but here are NZpures' Twin throttle bodies, sorry NZpure if you didn't want them up here, but seen people asking and had the picture so handy....

Attachments

• 86253038_full.jpg
    86253038_full.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 173

stated vr v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr statesman
.... you have an ebay tune AND a custom tune...?? intersting...

You keep dancing around saying how how difference twin throttleboddies make... but there is the thing... an ecotec doesn't suck enough air to need 2... unless you stroke it or cam it... so on a stock ecotec... those twins are doing mostly bugger all... maybe slightly better throttle response as your putting your foot flat... but once its flat... same amount of air going through as a single...

Rockers will help... and diff gears will make a big difference... but get yourself an accurate timing device otherwsie this is silly... I can claim my 318i does 6.3 0-100 all day but if that time was taken by my mate in the passenger seat it means sweet bugger all...

Better yet... take is down the strip... post the time slip and then no one can call BS. :p
Agreed twin TB want do jack unless ya have the head work and rockers to make ya engine suck more air, but they look good i suppose!

Tamperer#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais 3.8 "just needs a little love"
i couldnt care less if the ttb has done anything performance wise, it looks freakin bad ass :D

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
i couldnt care less if the ttb has done anything performance wise, it looks freakin bad ass :D

lol.... you need to get a fully sik as mega monsta tach too then.

Reaper