Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Easiest way to get an LSD

Sebastien

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 3.8
Nice. Local shops are quoting about $900 for a reco lsd installed if anyone was curious.

Pretty cheap for alot of fun i rekn

cracker

Reaction score
$900 for a reco lsd...compared to $110 for a minispool HO HUMMMMMMM

thomas0387

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS
spool it the cheapest way and they never break and wearing out tires sounds like he wants to any way.

oyamum

Reaction score
spools are for people who cant afford an lsd diff simple as that.... if spools were so strong and good why doesnt everyone use them?? because they make your car drive like **** everytime you try and do a slow turn in the wet you are asking for trouble... an lsd has a set pressure at which point it single spins called "breakaway" that is so you dont have all the problems that you get with locked or spooled diff's.... there is a reason why they are illegal and not used in production cars because they are ****... sorry i get a bit shitty over stuff like this... also dont forget you eventually may crack your diff housing and/or twist and snap your axles as the the inside axle when turning should not spin at the same speed as the outside so eventually something will give.. i was a mechanic for a very long time working on performance cars and i lost count how many times i replaced locked diffs with cracked housing's and twisted axles not to mention the dent i have in the side of the tub on my ute becuase the bloke who owned it before had a spooled diff and snapped an axle at 80klm which went flying out the side... still want a spool???

oyamum

Reaction score
no offence guys buts its attitudes like that that make all car enthusiast's an easy target for cops... and it also explains why so many young people crash there cars... spools are for drag cars and people who are to poor to buy an lsd... but hey have fun i just hope its not my wife and kids that are driving beside you when your axle snaps.....

hamishdean

Reaction score
spools are for people who cant afford an lsd diff simple as that.... if spools were so strong and good why doesnt everyone use them?? because they make your car drive like **** everytime you try and do a slow turn in the wet you are asking for trouble... an lsd has a set pressure at which point it single spins called "breakaway" that is so you dont have all the problems that you get with locked or spooled diff's.... there is a reason why they are illegal and not used in production cars because they are ****... sorry i get a bit shitty over stuff like this... also dont forget you eventually may crack your diff housing and/or twist and snap your axles as the the inside axle when turning should not spin at the same speed as the outside so eventually something will give.. i was a mechanic for a very long time working on performance cars and i lost count how many times i replaced locked diffs with cracked housing's and twisted axles not to mention the dent i have in the side of the tub on my ute becuase the bloke who owned it before had a spooled diff and snapped an axle at 80klm which went flying out the side... still want a spool???

Agreed. I had a locker in a Sigma actually and ended up snapping two axles for the sake of cheap LSD. Not worth it IMO...