Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

easy way to gain 4-6 rwkw

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Cause you cant replace the filters or o-rings when they are on the car, or flow test em. If you want to keep costs down take em off and tell em not to replace the filters or o-rings..............
AirStrike :air:

enhancedss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE R8 LS3, VYSS Ute 10.0@146MPH & VYSSTT 525rwkw
vkberlina said:
Enhancedss:

Could you please answer this question please, the fuel injectors have a filter baskey in the top of the injector, so if theres any "crap" in the fuel rail where would it go?

Secondly guys Best way to do your injectors is an off car clean.
Each injector will be flow tested prior to cleaning then fuel baskets & O-rings removed, cleaned thoughly & then flow tested to make sure they are opperating correct.
Then New fuel baskets fitted with new O-rings.

cheers
Scott
scott this will answer your question, in the tank you have a filter on the pump, then you have another filter in the fuel line, then u have a filter basket in the injectors, dont u. then why do u clean your injectors. if youve got 3 filters, because none of the filters can filter the tiny little bits of dirty, rust breaking down inside the tank, etc. at the end of the injector u have a pintle which gets blocked slightly, causing the fuel delivery to be minimised, causing cylinders to run lean. im a efi tech at work, and for example i had a gas/petrol car running on three cylinders on petrol, i new it had blocked injectors, so i connected this new machine, and done a on-car injector clean the car ran on 3 cylinders then 4,5 and 6 car fine every cylinder working fine.
why are on car better, decarbs the engine, and have u ever pulled out injectors on for eg. 300zx takes about 6 hours to R&R, for 1 hour it $72 plus the injectors to be cleaned at $18 each, plus gaskets and o-rings, and unless they are blocked no power gain, why does a new engine go better than a old engine due to the carbon build up around the valves.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
I’m fully aware of the filters; I thought it strange that you said it cleans crap out of the fuel rail when it would go straight into the filter baskets of the injectors.

I can see the benefits of an on car clean ESP on a car like a 300zx I have just completed an engine rewire on one. But a car like a commodore I would pull the injectors out, Christ even with a broken hand I pulled the injectors out of my EFI 5L in under 15min.

Most of the blockages or contaminations I have seen with injectors have tended to be carbon and a lacquer type buildup from fuel. I have also seen problems with cars exhibiting problems with injectors requiring new O-rings are the same time as they are cracked, damaged or perished.

I have never laid eyes on an on-car cleaner it probably has its merits and especially in a mechanics workshop could save allot of time but the main reasons I would pull the injectors out is to flow test and make sure each injector was flowing correctly and to replace the o-rings & filter.

Thinking about an on car machine and how it could work it possible to get a fuel flow readout per injector or just an overall readout?

As for the carbon clean for the engine definitely with its stuff there something an off car setup definitely cant do :)

Just out of interest what does it use as a cleaning fluid and does it use an additive or different fluid for the decoke??

cheers
Scott

enhancedss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE R8 LS3, VYSS Ute 10.0@146MPH & VYSSTT 525rwkw
hey scott, the on car injector cleaner, runs the vehicle of its own fuel supply, with a pump and a adjustable pressure regulator, which returns fuel back to the machine through the pressure regulator, so when connected you let the machine to flush the chemical through the injector rail, and goes back to the machine, which has got a z9 filter, so none of the crap cant go through the system. The chemical from the states, when it runs smells very similar to the holden top engine cleaner u can buy from the dealership, or motor traders.