Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ebay brake rotors?

slow vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv ute
somebody has got to have some experience with these guys or just rotors off ebay in general

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
I've always gotten my brake gear from Mr-Spares aka UPC-Ultra Performance Componants

He's down in Croydon vic,

Love his stopping gear :)

Cheers
Mat

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
I just did a google search on that product number and found nothing of interest.

Sounds like their own "Unique Product Code"

I have a friend who works for an importer of Chinese made parts including brake pads and rotors. He lands most pads in the country including shipping and duty for around $4-$6 a pair and won't put them on his own work supplied car.

I personally would stick with tried and trusted brands. Brakes are too important to go for cheap.

Tim

yZoH

Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
I just did a google search on that product number and found nothing of interest.

Sounds like their own "Unique Product Code"

I have a friend who works for an importer of Chinese made parts including brake pads and rotors. He lands most pads in the country including shipping and duty for around $4-$6 a pair and won't put them on his own work supplied car.

I personally would stick with tried and trusted brands. Brakes are too important to go for cheap.

Tim

How about you go down an check out their factory in Croydon before you comment.

They also do coil over suspension. They deal with Holden, Autobarn as well as a few race sponsors...

Cheers
Mat

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I've always gotten my brake gear from Mr-Spares aka UPC-Ultra Performance Componants

He's down in Croydon vic,

Love his stopping gear :)

Cheers
Mat

How would you compare them to a brand name like DBA? I've always watched these discs on eBay but I've never followed it up because I had no idea what they were like.

yZoH

Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
How would you compare them to a brand name like DBA? I've always watched these discs on eBay but I've never followed it up because I had no idea what they were like.

My brother used to always run DBA Gold slotted & X-drilled in his cars, Until he found this guy. He got me onto this guy an it is the only brake guy I have used in ages. His pads are good, But produce a very high ammount of dust.

I helped an old workmate with a 330mm brake upgrade kit from this guy, an I have had his brakes on 5 of my family's cars now. Never an issue.

I cant compare them to DBA directly, But I can say they are incredibly good bang for buck.

Cheers
Mat

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
How about you go down an check out their factory in Croydon before you comment.

They also do coil over suspension. They deal with Holden, Autobarn as well as a few race sponsors...

Cheers
Mat
Sorry Mat, I didn't realise that your post was refering to the ebay seller, I thought you were offering an alternate supplier of good brake components.

Are these units rebadged from somewhere else (DBA/PBR/RDA?) or does he do his own? Made here or overseas?

yZoH

Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Sorry Mat, I didn't realise that your post was refering to the ebay seller, I thought you were offering an alternate supplier of good brake components.

Are these units rebadged from somewhere else (DBA/PBR/RDA?) or does he do his own? Made here or overseas?

They are made In Croydon Victoria at his factory, Not rebadged or Imported.

slow vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv ute
interesting thanks for the info guys might give em a shot i like the idea of them being plated to means no rust and fairly cheap :D