Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ebay - Dodgy Seller / Deal?

R

rattattack1313

lol

loool at that link sashyre put up...funny as.. :rofl: :rofl:

dan_man31

now projecting oh yeah :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ss-v 6spd ute
ah its a rip

ive been using ebay for quite a while i have 100% feedback and have had no problems with buying of people until now a couple of months back i bought a rear bumper for my vk (it was for a vl) i thought they were the same so i was gonna put one on then after i put the money into the account i never heard back from the guy not once i sent 20 emails i wasnt totally worried cause it was a $25 item but it was the principle then i was lookin for a decent set of new rims and i heard a rumor going around that people are braking into hotted up cars stealing there spare wheel then selling them on ebay as sets

if there is anyway to scam ebay these jerks will figure it out im very safe when buyin things on ebay i always check there feedback i dont buy if there feedback is bad or none at all i bought my first car of ebay a vk for about $400 just a bush basher i worked on it and bought all the bits of ebay gaskets for the 202 and such then sold it no probs.

ways to not get scammed
+ check feedback
+ dont use overseas ebay cause its even more unsafe

also ebay has a policy of re-imbursing if u file a claim early enough u can get up to $1000 i think but that wont cover u if its over that .

one way of not geting scammed is suspect everyone but ask them silently dont go out and say this sounds sus and dont buy if there is anything shady about wat ur buying like cars that are being sold very cheap and sorts always get the vin number

thanks dan_man31 :hit:

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Just a bit of a followup, this bloke is dodgy and can't put together a sentence it would seem although I must say I'm having a blast playing along with this bloke :D

I'll post the last few.

I start the transaction eSafe on eBay ID# 4528235003,
Please make the payment via Western Union to this address:

Joe Allen
Via Flavia 842 Piano
Roma, 00167
Italy

When you done the payment give me the MTCN number (Money Transfer Control Number) so i can confirm the transaction,

Me

This transaction is going NO further until we have received the VIN number so we can do the appropriate checks. We have requested it a number of times but you have failed to deliver on each count.

Also I will not be paying direct deposit, given your record thus far I wish to be paying COD meaning Cash On Delivery.

Him

Have you done something ?
eBay contacted you ?
Do you still wantit ?
Let me know something,
Thank you,

Me

You obviously didn't read my previous email so I shall re-itterate it for you again.

I will once again request the VIN number, as stated also I am wishing to pay for this vehicle COD or don't you understand that? After all you did have it as an available option for the item for auction.

The meaning of COD is Cash On Delivery!! I am not wishing to pay direct deposit into your bank account.

I advised in the last email that I am going no further with this transaction unless you provide the VIN number meaning Vehicle Identification Number so we can do a couple of checks on the car itself.

Him

Dear sir,
i try to understand that u have not used before the
Western Union service, or u are scaried to use they,
because u belive that u will be ripped off,
i have a proposition:
u will go at Western Union agent u must put the money
there to your friend name (a relative man) to address
that i will give u, in the moment that u have made the
transfer u must give me the sender name, receiver name
and the confirmation number (MTCN number), so i can
check out if u really made the transfer (if u have
this money or not),
when u will get the item and u will check and see that
is allright u must call or go at the same Western
Union agent to change the receiver name with my name,
i have asked u this because i want to see that u have
the money so u can buy my product,
i hope u understand me because i put the big risk in
this business,
if u agree this please contact me so i can give u the
details about the payment,
thank you very much,
have a good day,

Me

It's not a matter of trust it's a matter of how I wish to pay for the item or product as you wish to call it. I chose not to pay direct transfer period, I am not making any exceptions for you or any other items I purchase on E-Bay.

If you are not willing to accept COD as per the listing, this transaction is going to go nowhere, in the end you are wasting my valuable time.

Whether or not I have the money is none of your business, I have bidded for an item and have elected to pay via COD not direct transfer so I really don't see your problem with accepting this. Have you not read my previous emails or do you not understand plain english? I stated COD as Cash On Delivery meaning you deliver and I pay, if you are that concerned I do not have the money I am more than happy to take a screenshot of my financial situation prior to you delivering on your part which at this rate I am doubtful that you can even do that.

Again you have ignored my request to send the VIN number!!

I have a proposition for you, how about you shove Western Union up your arse!

So far no response to my last email, I wonder when this bloke is going to give up.

Bec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6L Wagon
Hahaha thats some crazy ****. Does this guy have any feedback?

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Hehe nice reply you certainly have a way with words Darren :yeah:

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Looking back over the emails his name is domino5800 which you can find here

Keeping in mind this isn't the actual seller of the VL, from what I can gather he somehow hi-jacked this other blokes account or email or something along those lines.

Demons1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais, WHII Statesman V8, VC L 202
Darren, here's an idea for you. I'm assuming that the seller was legit in the first place and then his/her ebay account was hijacked and the contact email address in ebay was changed. Have you thought of contacting one of the sellers who left positive feedback and asking for the email address they were contacted through (i.e. the "old" one that is legit)? It might enable you to get in contact with real seller who has no such hangups with COD.

Cheers,
Mark.

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Sashyre said:
Nigerian scammers all use Western Union to ask for money - its the first sign your about to be relieved of money with no reward.

If your interested check this site out - its hilliarious about setting up and scamming the scammers

http://www.ebolamonkeyman.com/

Go ebola monkey man - your my hero :)

Rofl, here's another one:

P-P-P-PowerBook!

Demons1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais, WHII Statesman V8, VC L 202
goVZ said:
Rofl, here's another one:

P-P-P-PowerBook!
Absolute comedy gold goVZ!! I read the whole story from start to finish. It's amazing what lengths people will go to for a prank. The only thing they were missing was a picture of the guy's face when he opened the package. I want to get me a p-p-p-powerbook!!

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
goVZ P P P Powerbook is priceless. Makes me all warm and fuzzy when I hear of scammers being scammed :)