Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ebay memcal...seller blackstar7000...good or bad?

con7502003

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5ltr
hey low if you want to pick up a bit of go in the mean time move your timing round to 14/16 degrees makes a huge difference that wot mine was set at b4 i got a tune it ran 9.55 with tune9.53 so there plent you can do with a timing light

low vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS V6,98 VT 5.0 CLUBSPORT,VS V8 UTE 5 SPEED
hey low if you want to pick up a bit of go in the mean time move your timing round to 14/16 degrees makes a huge difference that wot mine was set at b4 i got a tune it ran 9.55 with tune9.53 so there plent you can do with a timing light

sweet might check that out on the weekend....cheerz

con7502003

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5ltr
you will not be dissapointed not being smart but you know how to get your car back to base timing using a paper clip if not let me know only to happy to help

low vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
you will not be dissapointed not being smart but you know how to get your car back to base timing using a paper clip if not let me know only to happy to help

nah man i dont,u should shed some light on this mate

low vs

Reaction score
Members Ride

will doing this have any long term damage efects to my 5.0L?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec

You went 9.24 actually maybe a 9.4 9.3? beforehand, you defiantly went 9.24 the night I was there swapping tunes, it's written in my thread but if you are prepared to run advance on the dizzy and have no other mods 16-18 degrees is good. I wouldn't do it myself since it's not ideal but it works well

edit: it was on the 1-1-10 you ran 9.24, if you want to check your time slips for that 9.2, I'm sure it will be there, I reckon that's about as fast as it went before you got the stall converter

Last edited:

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina

there is more to a tune than just changing spark timing. does twisting the dizzy have any effect on the fuel maps? no. do any form of engine work and your idea of just twisting the dizzy will do more harm that good. simple fact is your car runs faster with greenfoams tune so no need to go spreading lies about his tunes doing nothing when there are plenty of people on here that would prove you wrong.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
low vs, I will add, if you do choose to advance the dizzy rather than do the tune. If the car is the VS HSV? then don't advance it to 16-18 degrees, the HSV tune already runs more advance, 14 degrees would be about right on the HSV tune. But those things don't run lean cruise by defualt (the HSV's) and the gearbox on a VS is all electronic so there's plenty more you can do to those aside from timing, just depends what you want