Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ebay "performance" memcal

vtspeed

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT acclaim s1
hey guys found this replacement memcal on ebay, i dont think this particular one would increase the power up like 15kw like it says, i was just wanting to know would it be worth a try to see or does it have a chance of ####ing my engine, also are there any companies that do make reliable memcals with noticable improvements.

cheers, Glen

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Or you could just give me your money and I'll kick you in the dick. You'll get more satisfaction. :)

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
With the V6 engines,you dont really get a power boost like they reckon when you fit a tuned memcal,it mostly makes the engine more lively and responsive at low to mid throttle. I tune my own chips for my VSV6.The other thing Ive found which is handy to change is the auto transmission settings on the memcal,Ive sped up,and have also firmed up the shifts,and its just way better now than how its normally set, with its laggy slow shifts..Ive just read through some of old mates feedback on ebay there in the link and they might be worth a try,they are cheap enough,at least you wont have much to loose if it is no good.

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
Or you could just give me your money and I'll kick you in the dick. You'll get more satisfaction. :)

LMFAO thats gold, any way i wouldnt buy it. i reckon you would get more from a CAI and enclosed Pod set up.

glowworm

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt exective
hey guys found this replacement memcal on ebay, i dont think this particular one would increase the power up like 15kw like it says, i was just wanting to know would it be worth a try to see or does it have a chance of ####ing my engine, also are there any companies that do make reliable memcals with noticable improvements.

cheers, Glen

have chat to Doc Bob ....

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
how did you go about tuning your own ones mate?

To do your own tunes you need a EPROM chip reader/burner,a UV EPROM eraser and a program which lets you open and manipulate the downloaded memcals settings.The modified memcal settings are then burned back to the UV erased chip on the memcal.You also need to know a bit about engine tuning to understand what can be changed without blowing the engine up through leanout or detonation..My V6 ecotec is more lively and responsive and its better on fuel now too.And the auto trans shifts way better.Its worth looking into it and having a go if you like that sort of thing...You can get the burner and eraser on ebay cheap enough.Some programs to change the memcal settings are free to download and use.It just takes some time and a lot of reading to get your head around it all.I learn something new just about every day still.Id be doing VT tunes, but Ive no way of testing them,so I dont worry about it at the moment.I just do the VS ones for now.

vtspeed

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT acclaim s1
cheers for the feedback guys, so the general thought is that it wont improve my power just give a placebo affect because it will make my gear changes firmer and improve responsiveness a bit, so does doctor bob do these custom memcals? how can i get a hold of him?