Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

eBay scams

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
from what i was told the scam with cars is (ebay, gumtree, carsales), they get you to use a shipping company they recommend, and tell you when they send payment for car they will include the shipping cost. the shipping company is fake, thats how they get your money. the car never leaves your sight.

cor3yz

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT Wagon Exec / VK 202 EFI
I was selling a car ages ago and got an email from a guy in england wanting to buy the car for his son. He wanted to pay more than the buy it now price so I trashed the email.
Sold another car about 4 years later got another email from the same guy with the same baloney story.
Made me laugh for a bit.

rippen50

Braaap
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z UTE MY12.5
Always get messages from these people when selling a car! Emailed the last one and only stated "GET F***ED" she wrote back, Thank you for the response i have paid via paypal lol

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
back in the day selling the motorbike,
had someone say they wanted to buy it etc.
and eventually wanted to use western union to transfer money.

basically it involves them saying they have sent the money through, it hasn't, and then they want you to jump through hoops.
apparently they will send an agent to pick whatever up and what not.
get to this stage say no and they will probably cry foul and say they have lost all that money etc make you guilty.
they may also say you need to send it back as a refund.

all a scam.

just wait til you get the same message but names and occupation have changed. "air force pilot on a ship" "submarine engineer" etc :p

3 words, Cash on pickup.

I had this when trying to sell my Supra.

fatboyvk

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 vr commodore
they offer you way to much then they email you from a fake paypal usually they call it paypal china. and they say the customer has deposited into an escrow account but first you have to transfer money for the shipping directly to the shipping company and they will release the money. then you find out the paypal is all fake and theres no escrow anything.