Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ebay seller not selling

VSteve

Reaction score
I put two offers on a car. The first was not accepted but the second was. The seller now doesn't want to sell for that price. Is there anything that can be done? I think someone is offering him more money for it which is why he doesn't want to sell. As far as I am aware we have both entered into a legally binding contract.

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
Good luck with it that's all I can say lol. I'd save yourself the headaches and move on to the next car ;)

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
What will ebay do? Cancel his account maybe? I'm sure if he is getting more money from someone else for a car he won't give a **** about his ebay account...

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Would you really want the car after you/or Ebay has 'made' him sell it to you..?

I know I wouldn't... How do you know how he's going to look after it until you pick it up? Thrash it/Take aftermarket parts off it, not to mention just being a dick, if he's willing to 'break ebay rules' what else is he willing to do..?

IMO, like others have said, just find another car - buy it from someone that isn't dodgey!

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Let me get this right. You want to force him to sell it you? Good luck with that. Imagine what he might do to the car before handing it over to you?

Move on, plenty more cars out there.

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
Let me get this right. You want to force him to sell it you? Good luck with that. Imagine what he might do to the car before handing it over to you?

Move on, plenty more cars out there.

Bingo.....

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
If he put a disclaimer on the listing such as "This vehicle is advertised elsewhere and i have the right to remove this item from sale at any time" then theres nothing u can really do.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
I do remember a case where an ebayer buyer took an ebay seller to court over his refusal to sell his aeroplane I think it was. The buyer had been offered a better price after the ebay sale and would not sell it to the ebayer for his successful bid. The judge ruled that the seller had an obligation to go through with the sale because it was in essence and binding contract and for his refusing to do so he had to compensate the buyer a shitload for screwing him over.

Well yes thats well and good, so if you have lots of cash and really want to stand your ground go take him to court, but I guess this is not something you will be willing to do so you just need to get over it and find another car. The most you can do is report him to ebay as a non performing seller, he'll get a u been naughty don't do it again email and they wouldn't even go so far as suspend his account.