Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ebay T56 shifter review and teardown (pics!)

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
I have used both Transmax Z and Nulon Synthetic Dex 3 and had good results with both.

I used Nulon G70 additive as well last time and found it helped smooth out shifts when everything was cold.
That's what i need for cold shifts in the morning while traveling to work. Was that added to the Nulon Syn dex3 or ?. Thanks

galahs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
With the Nulon Synthetic.

But I was told about from a mate who uses it with Transmax Z.

I only switched to Nulon Synthetic as I decided to start supporting Aussie made products where I can.

galahs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
After twoing and throwing, I decided I have the cash, it's an Aussie company and its proven so I went with the Rip Shift for my baby.

Hard to justify the price but I think in the end it would have always played on my mind if I didn't go this way.

galahs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Loving the precision of the new shifter, really precise and solid.

I fitted the small black round rubber boot from the stock shifter over the rip shifter body and held it in place with a 100mm hose clamp to keep out the water, dirt and rocks.

Highly recommend people replace the stock Holden shifter with all its linkages and slop with a direct acting shifter!

One of the best mods I've ever done to a vehicle.

Last edited:

galahs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Here is a picture of how I fitted the small round rubber boot around the T56 Shifter. Notice the 100mm hose clamp for added assurance that the boot wont slip up and off.

peeds13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS II, VS III Maloo
Put one of these ebay shifters in yesterday. $90 to the door!

Done the same thing and cheated with the install by drilling 2 holes in the trans tunnel so I didn't have to jack the car up.

Overall it feels a lot more solid and love the shorter shifts. Only thing I don't like is its a bit higher than the hsv shifter I already had in. But for the price and hour to put it in, I'm happy.