Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ebc ultimax pads any good?

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Hi guys just ordered online a front brake rotor and pad kit for my ve ss which consists of rda slotted and dimpled rotors and ebc ultimax pads and was wandering how the ultimax pads perform? Should I leave them out and get something more a bit more performance oriented? Yea I realise I probably should of asked the question 1st before buying lol

MattSAU2XR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Auto 2007
I used to have a VE SS. Eventually fitted Brembo’s which wasn’t cheap as needed new wheels also.

I think you’ll find any of the ‘regular’ $50 sets of pads underwhelming on a high powered and heavy car.

Cheapest easy to find option is Bendix Ultimates which are what I think police used to fit. Also good if the RDAs have some runout as they are abrasive and will true them up eventually...

Best pads I’ve used in ‘regular’ calipers are Ferodo DS Performance. These have heaps of grip and so are about as good as it gets for stock sized brakes.

Just be aware that the stock VE SS is a great car with a huge engine and medium size brakes. To be honest if you’re not using it for street racing some Bendix Ultimates and plain rotors would be enough.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Would love to go down the road of Brembos and bigger rotors etc but bank balance won’t allow for that and yea I agree for the size of the car and amount of power they make the stock brakes are pretty average really