Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ecotec into VR..

Ash81x

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais
Ok ive just put a deposit down on a VS ecotec engine + 5 speed, which is going to replace my flogged out buick + auto..

Is this going to be a straight forward swap?? im getting the ecu and loom with the engine plus all accessories, so i should just be able to drop it in and hook the engine loom into the VR body loom right??

If anyone can point out any other difficulties i will face please do :D

K

Konker

ok here is the deal. it goes for all cars all engines and no1 can keep a straight face and say otherwise and although a sad fact THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A STRAIGHT SWAP!!! i have done 4g15 from 4g13 in a mitsi. 173 - 186 then to a 308 in my torana and a 3k to 4k in my toymotor and as people who have done this learn in 3 months manufacturers design diff parts modify brackets etc. what i can tell you is with what you have, and just the engine you've picked, it should go well for you. just rermember that you will need to modify a bit of wiring for dash comp. and that engine will need tuning etc. anyways go for it and i cant see any big probs your gonna hit. go for it and let us know how it goes. see ya bud. best luck

K

Konker

other small point is that drive shaft length is often different so make sure you have money aside for a custom drive shaft

K

Konker

not that bright i guess. just kidding mate. go for it and **** on those vs's. then sell it and buy a vx