Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ecotec mods quick question

MACE

Reaction score
Yeah no worries, i probably will end up buying items seperately due to normal 18 year old finance constrictions, haha

I was just reading up the recent feedback for a MACE Tuning Kit for a VE V6, do you offer them for VX too?
If you do, what power gains can be expected (again, just approximate) and how much will that set me back?

Don’t have anything to suit the VX-VY’s at the moment sorry :(

sorry to hijack, but a question regarding the manifold insulator, instead of fitting a lid spacer, could you go with one 12mm and one 24mm spacer for a combined 36mm longer runners? would that have any benefit in a tow car application? (VS eco wagon)??

In regards to running this combo of spacers, I’ve never tried it my self based on what you’re after though I’m guessing it would work well.

Cheers,
Steve

klampy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda E2000 V6 convert
In regards to running this combo of spacers, I’ve never tried it my self based on what you’re after though I’m guessing it would work well.

Cheers,
Steve

cool. good to know. i might still stick with the ecotec .

on a slightly different topic, if i were to run an M90 but side mount +intercooled, would that work well together with the 36mm spaced runners? (keeping in mind the intention of a daily driven tow vehicle.)

klampy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda E2000 V6 convert
so whats the go with superchargers then? The M90 normally sits on the valley with a tiny little plenum under it. if i were to put an M90 on my VS id modify the Plenum so that the charger actually mounted to where the TB would otherwise go, so by extending a section of plenum im increasing its capacity anyway. but back to the question, do superchargers prefer a small plenum or is that just a packaging constraint only?

MACE

Reaction score
things to think about then. thanks, and sorry again for hijacking :)

Not a worry :)

Mace 12mm plenum spacers are the way to go :)

If you’re not running boost on a factory tune definitely :)

so whats the go with superchargers then? The M90 normally sits on the valley with a tiny little plenum under it. if i were to put an M90 on my VS id modify the Plenum so that the charger actually mounted to where the TB would otherwise go, so by extending a section of plenum im increasing its capacity anyway. but back to the question, do superchargers prefer a small plenum or is that just a packaging constraint only?
That could work. Larger plenum would be better, however packing is normally an issue with a roots/screw compressor.

Cheers,
Steve