Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Ecotec] Ecotec re-build

v6power

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt s-pack
Put a couple more bolt on mods and an exhaust system and you could have around 160rwkw

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
haha thx for that man, lets hope 1000

Well its impossible to say how much power your engine may or may not be able to produce on the information you have supplied. 100-1000 rwkw is possible, what exactly do you plan to do to it? Whats your budget, thats often the best indication. Lower budget means lower power and/or quality. Higher budget means higher power and/or quality.

Cheap, fast, and reliable. You can only ever choose two of those options.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
do all that work and then strap a raptor onto the side of it and it'll be a bit more impressive

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
Nahh get a nice big turbo on the side, that would get ya some decent power!

lol doesnt look like he's touching the bottom end although that turbo could remove it from the engine for him... apparently raptors are soft on the bottom end (emphasis on the apparently) which is why i suggested it

202injected

Quality Engine Builder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec. 3.6
good cam, about 11:1 compression, extractors with a twin 2.25 (2.5 too big) and a good custom tune should get you about 210kw at the flywheel. at the wheel figure will depend on alot of variables, i.e. diff ratio, auto or manual, wheel size. but in a worst case scenario of 25% (if your getting that rethink wheel size) the would mean about 165-170 at the rear treads

Jake_VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec S11
Put a couple more bolt on mods and an exhaust system and you could have around 160rwkw

Already have it chipped, extractors, 2.5 inch exhaust, cats, cold air intake, but 160 would be good :)

Jake_VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec S11
Well its impossible to say how much power your engine may or may not be able to produce on the information you have supplied. 100-1000 rwkw is possible, what exactly do you plan to do to it? Whats your budget, thats often the best indication. Lower budget means lower power and/or quality. Higher budget means higher power and/or quality.

Cheap, fast, and reliable. You can only ever choose two of those options.

true true but could have asked these questions first lol? anyways. I plan to use it for street maybe some track use, done a lot of body and interior work so i want some more power to with the other mods, still on p's so must be v6 till next june... budget is no more then $2000, okay if i had to choose 2 then fast and reliable. cheers for taking an interest, hope this can help you help me :)

Jake_VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec S11
do all that work and then strap a raptor onto the side of it and it'll be a bit more impressive

thats what i was thinking, not till after june 2013 tho

Jake_VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec S11
Nahh get a nice big turbo on the side, that would get ya some decent power!

i do want turbo but would mean i would have to make sure the bottom end would take it, do much screwing around