Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ecotec Rebuild

Ryan_86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II V6 Crewman 04
Yeah, I went with the mace CAI, going strong so far :)

gem05

Reaction score
Members Ride
NO RIDE AT THE MOMENT
Agree with burnout124 a 150000km motor doesnt need a rebuild,just needs mods all the main components would still be in great working order.

Avi8or

Luxo-barging
Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice 6L
I got to about 240,000km before I rebuilt myn, and by then she was very tired. Trust me though, depending if you want to recondition or rebuild will govern the price. We stripped the entire engine down, new everything, heads completely reconditioned with new seals and valves, basically a brand new engine and that was about $3k (and we did it ourselves with no labour and some 'mates rates'). However its been built to withstand the turbo that will be going on it in the next few months.

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
For $3k you could pick up a low k L67 motor with the supercharger all bolt on loom and probably the box as well. Far better then boosting an L34 donk. I picked up one with reasonable ks for $1500 and put it in my VB. A set of extractors, 10lb pulley, high ratio rockers and you are away. Cheap power and lots of low down torque.

ToMMMaY

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Berlina S Pac SII L67 Turbo Project
Turbo is the way to go trust me

M90 is good but personally after having them both

turbo 1
m90= waste of space
:D

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
For $3k you could pick up a low k L67 motor with the supercharger all bolt on loom and probably the box as well. Far better then boosting an L34 donk. I picked up one with reasonable ks for $1500 and put it in my VB. A set of extractors, 10lb pulley, high ratio rockers and you are away. Cheap power and lots of low down torque.

The guy paid 3K for a full rebuild which would be better than any L67 out there with 100-200,000K's on it.

ToMMMaY

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Berlina S Pac SII L67 Turbo Project
The guy paid 3K for a full rebuild which would be better than any L67 out there with 100-200,000K's on it.

as the guy said hes a beginner.

as the other guy said he done it all himself.

l67 would be the way to go for him for forced induction

Avi8or

Luxo-barging
Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice 6L
Again it all depends on what you plan to do with the car. I'm not planning on ever selling the car so I could justify the price, in comparison to say an 87k drop in motor that I would have to work on again down the track. Especially with the turbo it was better to start with a fresh platform.