Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ecotec Stroker Kit ( 4.2lit )

worx110

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
Hey all im new to Just Commodores Forum, im very interested in stroking my vx exec s2… Ive come across this kit on ebay a few times... was just wondering if anyone has ever fit this kit to one of their Ecotecs and would be able to give me any feedback on how well it performed with the mods they had already done, im not sure if this kit comes with forged pistons… have not questioned the seller any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Cheers, Perry.

V6 ecotec stroker kits suit VS/VT and on. make 4.2 lit - eBay Commodore, Holden, Car Parts, Cars, Bikes Boats. (end time 03-Nov-07 23:17:44 AEDST)

VT_Boi

VT Holden By Design
Reaction score
Website
www.sunshinecoastcommodores.net
Members Ride
VT Holden By Design
You're better off spending the money on a supercharger kit for your car. It will cost you a lot less and provide more power.

Last edited:

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
Hey all im new to Just Commodores Forum, im very interested in stroking my vx exec s2… Ive come across this kit on ebay a few times... was just wondering if anyone has ever fit this kit to one of their Ecotecs and would be able to give me any feedback on how well it performed with the mods they had already done, im not sure if this kit comes with forged pistons… have not questioned the seller any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Cheers, Perry.

V6 ecotec stroker kits suit VS/VT and on. make 4.2 lit - eBay Commodore, Holden, Car Parts, Cars, Bikes Boats. (end time 03-Nov-07 23:17:44 AEDST)

it says in the item description that it comes with hypatectic pistons...i think he meant hypereutectic pistons...so no, doesnt have forgies.
just something to keep in mind, not sure if you realise or not, but the cost of the kit is only the tip of the iceburg. you need a full engine rebuild to install the parts so there's alot of money involved in it all.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
it says in the item description that it comes with hypatectic pistons...i think he meant hypereutectic pistons...so no, doesnt have forgies.
just something to keep in mind, not sure if you realise or not, but the cost of the kit is only the tip of the iceburg. you need a full engine rebuild to install the parts so there's alot of money involved in it all.

^^^As said, hence personally I would not reccomend going this way unless contemplating a rebuild anyway.