Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ecotec Stroker Kit Questions

[V6] Vr CoMmY

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk Commodore
Thanks for the input guys, I'm thinking of scraping the high ratio rockers and putting lightweight yt 1:6 ratio ones in so I can put a bigger cam... Any recommendations on cams or what brands I should steer clear of?

And does anyone know and decent engine builders (that won't rip me off and have pride in their work) in the north coast preferably between coffs harbor and goldy

Cheers

MACE

Reaction score
In regards to installing the stroker, if you've had engine building experience then it's something you can tackle yourself. Otherwise you'd need to contact a reputable engine builder.

In regards to roller tipped rockers are not really needed in all but an extreme competition cam. Money can be better spend elsewhere (unless the rocker ratio is changed at the same time). You'll find that the mass moment of inertia of the factory based rocker is less then that any market roller tipped item so they are less likely to experience valve float. You only have to look at the LS1 guys to see how infrequently they change their rockers when they do an aggressive cam upgrade as they're not needed.

Given the tip geometry of the ecotec rockers, friction isn't issue, unless you're approaching the .600" lift mark. Even then it's not the end of the world if you're on a budget and would like to spend $700 odd dollars elsewhere.

Everybody has their own opinions (which is to be respected), in summary though if you're going a cam and are on a limited budget keeping the factory rockers works perfectly well reliably.

Cheers,
Steve

[V6] Vr CoMmY

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk Commodore
Thanks Steve,

I will most probably be in contact with you within the next couple of months to get my built going....

Cheers to everyone who put their bit in