Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ecotec - Where can I get it MAFless tuned???

vyseriesII

The Blessed Hellride
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VyS S2 Blown
but be careful if you just go a larger maf and no tune you will burnout our auto

I'm not sure about that as i don't know all there is about the problems caused by having a bigger maf and no tune. I would of thought there would be air/fuel ratio or some sort of problem?

GTS69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS GTS & VT XU6
Say what?

Allowing more air flow into the engine burns out the auto? Look out everyone that has a CAI on their car.

Real funny dude how about you read a little the maf provides the engine with incoming air speed the ecu converts that to a gpm value now if you have ever tuned a car you will know the auto also uses the gpm value from the airflow meter to calculate the amount of line pressure to add to the auto because the auto never runs at full pressure its pressures are dependent on the load on the engine other wise it would heat the auto fluid to much if it ran at full pressure all the time and jolt the car like you were just rear ended when you put it in drive.
So when you add a ported maf the area increases through the maf and the computer is calculating the in coming air by how much it cools the wires in the maf for a fixed area when you port the maf the air speed is slower and there for cools the elements less this makes the engine think there is less load and reduces fuel to cause the engine to lean and reducess the line pressure in the auto but becaue the engine is under a higher load than it thinks the auto will start to slip a little and burnout much faster.
Its not a guess its fact ask any LS1 tuner they had this issue when people started throwing ported mafs on the LS1's when they were all the rage and ive done quite alot of research and testing with this in my own cars thanks.

GTS69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS GTS & VT XU6
Nice so my manual car will burn out it's auto..

I thought the CAI gave the diff gears air to breathe?

obviously not but then i didnt know you had a manual car silly me trying to help a tool good luck o and have a read at whats above you may learn something

GTS69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS GTS & VT XU6
Besides who would put a bigger MAF without a tune?
Many people have do a search you will find heaps plus SS inductions sell them not advising a retune have seen many people buy them fit them and wonder why they have issues

GTS69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS GTS & VT XU6
I'm not sure about that as i don't know all there is about the problems caused by having a bigger maf and no tune. I would of thought there would be air/fuel ratio or some sort of problem?
yeah mate your right they will mess the Air fuel mixture and cause it to run lean the auto also calculates the line pressure of the maf tables in the ecu have a read at what i posted above will maybe help explain it a little

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
obviously not but then i didnt know you had a manual car silly me trying to help a tool good luck o and have a read at whats above you may learn something

Mate I know about line pressures and stuff, when i had my auto I got the shift pressures and **** all changed.

Don't know how I'm the tool mate, everyone given advise on this thread can easily read my signature for the mods I've done.