Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

efeatae

Steven W

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
drgesg

Last edited:

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
I had a twin 3inch difilippo system on my vy ss which comes with 2 centre mufflers and a rear resonator. No obnoxious drone and wasnt super loud but sounded amazing when driving hard. Had the car for maybe 5 years with that exhaust and was never pulled over by the coppers. Took the rear resonator off one day to see how that sounded, sounded awsome but just too loud around town in my opinion so put it back on.

Steven W

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
I had a twin 3inch difilippo system on my vy ss which comes with 2 centre mufflers and a rear resonator. No obnoxious drone and wasnt super loud but sounded amazing when driving hard. Had the car for maybe 5 years with that exhaust and was never pulled over by the coppers. Took the rear resonator off one day to see how that sounded, sounded awsome but just too loud around town in my opinion so put it back on.

Thanks heaps for the reply mate. That was exactly what i needed to hear, thanks for sharing. Did it drone at all without the rear resonator? I think the only thing that is stopping me from buying the 3" now is the price.. Any chance it had a crackle or pop on decel with the resonator on still? Thanks

Last edited:

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
There was drone but mainly because the exhaust ended right after the diff under the car so it was just loud inside. The exhaust with resonator on did crackle a little but only when driving pretty hard. If you want to be loud aswell as crackle and pop all the time your just asking for a defect from the coppers in my opinion. A full system will be loud but will keep the coppers away unless you drive like an idiot.

Steven W

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
There was drone but mainly because the exhaust ended right after the diff under the car so it was just loud inside. The exhaust with resonator on did crackle a little but only when driving pretty hard. If you want to be loud aswell as crackle and pop all the time your just asking for a defect from the coppers in my opinion. A full system will be loud but will keep the coppers away unless you drive like an idiot.

Cool, thanks for the info. Fair enough, i'll probably just get a 2.5" and swap out the rear resonator if i really wanted..

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I do Manta and the 3" with front mufflers and rear resonator does not drone. I do them at a really good price too. $2850 shipped for 1 3/4" primary 4-1s, high flow cats and twin 3" cat back. Or $2460 in 2 1/2".