Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

EFI 202 r there any after market upgrade chips

tigervh

SS.....smokin....!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Tiger Mica EFI VH, VZ SS, XC Barina SRI
good thing im in new zealand then aye ill bastasize my car to how i want, lol. it allready has vk front end on my vl which was why i was lookin at going with the efi 202 and i have a spare vk body with running gear, the buick are great runners but going to the buick would mean id need to buy evrything from radiator,motor,tranz,xmember,loom and more where with the efi202 only need motor,5speed, 4-5 hundy and and driving again (before cert costs obviously)

Hmmm, you'd have to be kiwi considering the logic of your idea. Why in hell would you spend 4 to 5 hundred dollars replacing your current engine with an engine with less power, less torque and worse fuel economy? All for the sake of not having a Nissan engine!

I would think New Zealand would have similar vehicle standards to Australia anyway.

tigervh

SS.....smokin....!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Tiger Mica EFI VH, VZ SS, XC Barina SRI
wrong my mate has a book called the vn project has pics and info that showed vl's tested with v6's before they went with the rb they tested the buick also if anyone gets caught doing a burnout say its a rock cycle test as theres a vl in the book doing a huge burnout buick of course they said vl doing a rock cycle test also the vn shouldnt really have buciks i think to much power even when they came out people complained of wheelspin tyres to thin but very funny

Holden certainly did test a Buick V6 along with a few other engines including Fords six as a repacement for the 202. The Buick V6 in its state at the time was rejected as being out of date and the RB30 was selected. Holden had the full intention to run the RB30 in the VN as well but changes in the exchange rate made the RB30 too expensive. After Holden had gone with the RB30, Buick redesigned the V6 bringing it up to Holdens standards.

vktorana

Reaction score
Members Ride
efi 202 torana, vk project car!
i know a vs v6 fits in pretty nice. even seen a vn v8 in a vk. not sure but id say the vl and vk have pretty much the same engine bay. whats got me is why the hell you would put a vk front end on a vl? lol i recon it would look ****ed! i hate vls so it would have to be some sort of improvement i guess!

andrew86VL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VLBerlina 3L
Hmmm, you'd have to be kiwi considering the logic of your idea. Why in hell would you spend 4 to 5 hundred dollars replacing your current engine with an engine with less power, less torque and worse fuel economy? All for the sake of not having a Nissan engine!

I would think New Zealand would have similar vehicle standards to Australia anyway.

firstly i can sell my RB30 with reconned 5speed for around $600+ which would give me some cash in hand efi202 and rb30e are very closly powered so its not a big drop in power at all ive driven a vn ute with an efi202/auto and it went quite well and to many people are doing up walky reps so i dont want some copy cat car.

it looks **** loads better with vk front and vk side skirts vls have an ugly front end including the jap motor the rb30 is a good motor but should never have gone in a holden. i dont mean to affend all you doing up vls and walkinshaws but i want to drive whati want