Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

EFI LIVE with push button start

ToeCutter21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline MY15 + VF2 Redline MY17
Doing the remote tune thing, have just ordered VCM CAI and EFI Live unit. Watching how-to videos relating to reading stock tunes and flashing updates, they all require the user to insert key and turn two clicks to enable EFI Live to connect.

How does it work with the push-button start on a Redline?

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Wouldn't it be the same? As far as I know one push turns on the accessories, another push turns everything on and car doesn't start unless foot is on the brake. Pretty much the same as a regular key, one click = accessores, two clicks = on.

vk2him

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I've had my SSVR tuned remotely by EFI Live - as above, just press start once without pressing the brake and EFI live can read/write as needed .. push start again when done

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Foot not on brake, press and hold button until the ignition comes on.

ToeCutter21

Reaction score
Members Ride
I've had my SSVR tuned remotely by EFI Live

My hardware arrives next week and I've downloaded the software. I'd love to hear about your experience. Did you encounter any difficulty? What hardware modifications did you have? How was the end result? Did you have many updates from the tuner or was the first one ok?

vk2him

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Had mine done by Steve at Oztrack - I had LPG injection and Marriage saver exhausts - the process was quite easy, after I sent the files from reading my existing setup he sent modified engine and gearbox files which I did another recording and he sent an updated engine file - the process took about 3 back and forwards - he then did another tune with AFM turned off and it took about 3 files until he was happy. During this I requested a change to the gearbox setup so it mimicked my Ford XR6 that had before - when I select Sports mode it will automatically drop into 5th gear. The difference in the car is remarkable - heaps more responsive and a lot more power. The gearbox changes are really great too, it will drop down through the gears when braking/slowing, and the terrible lag I had before when manually shifting has gone away, it will change gears immediately with no lag at all. In basically feels and drives like a different car - a better different car :)

ToeCutter21

Reaction score
Members Ride
Had mine done by Steve at Oztrack

That's awesome to hear. I've also gone with Oztrack but didn't want to mention coz it seems to attract haters on here but majority of feedback is overwhelmingly positive.

Just wondering why you went remote tune? It's a 1200 km round trip for me to the workshop but your profile says you're in Sydney. Why not just drop in to workshop?

vk2him

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Why not just drop in to workshop?

I work in Sydney and live in Wollongong - it's just more convenient to do remotely as I don't want to wait around as I'd have no way to get back to work ... OZtrack also offer free subsequent remote tunes if you buy other upgrades from them, so I'll be doing VCM OTR next which only will cost $650 (self install) and the tune will be free ..