Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Efi Live

StatesmanV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman 5 ltr
HI all
Has anyone got any info on the EFIlive v4 diagnostic program?:bang:
I have a vr statesman and have purchased a diagnostic lead and the EFIlive program but cannot get it to talk from car to computer?:computer:
I think i might not have one of the setting in the program right and that is why it wont give me any of the live dash or map sensor data,
Any help would be great. :mods:

johnnyk

Reaction score
Members Ride
BF V6 Falcon
HI all
Has anyone got any info on the EFIlive v4 diagnostic program?:bang:
I have a vr statesman and have purchased a diagnostic lead and the EFIlive program but cannot get it to talk from car to computer?:computer:
I think i might not have one of the setting in the program right and that is why it wont give me any of the live dash or map sensor data,
Any help would be great. :mods:

Are you using a USB or serial connector ?

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Have a look in the electrical section for a post by michaelw on 'aldl'. He has done a big guide that runs through just about every setting and has helped a few people with problems - if you run through that you have things up and running in no time.

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
Hi first did you go through the select comms port setup if not the PC cant talk to the car computer heres how

with your USB cable plugged in to your PC (but not the car) On your PC click the start bar the click then the "RUN" command then in the box type devmgmt.msc and press enter the device manager box will open scoll down the list and select the + box next to the PORTS (COM & LPT) the box will expand and will give you options one will be ALDL diagnostic cable write down the comms port asigned to it (this is the computer USB port asigned to the ALDL cable if you plug the cable into any other USB port the car wont talk to the program so never plug the cable into any other port unless you re-asign it)

now open the V4 program and open the EDIT box at the top left hand corner of the screen and select properties , the properties box will open with option of general, comms, speed etc.. select the comms tab and you will see the port option now select it and change it to the port you wrote down earlier eg com2 select it and press ok.
from here click the FILE OPTION at the top left hand corner and click the "select car" option now a list will appear the car codes are as follows
VR V6 VR V8 and VS V8= GMH-VR68VS8.XML
ectotec VS V6 = GMH-VSV6.XML
so select the appropriate option
then select OK
now your almost ready connect to the car now but don`t start the car , click the macros tab thats at the top of the EFI MAIN window and select ECM engine
data now start the car and press F3 on the keyboard YOUR IN BUSSINESS.

this is in the booklet you get with the cable so I am guessing you probably have gone through this anyhow I hope this was your prob and it is now solved.

Last edited: