Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

efi vk.

VK_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V6
I don't think they look too bad painted as long as you keep the stainless trim:
Front-1.jpg

I didn't have much choice as they needed repair anyway (although I have seen people paint them in various shades of grey, even with metallic pearls etc, but my budget didn't run to that). I think the VK needs the extra bulk that the side moulds give, especially if you want to run anything bigger than standard bumpers front and rear.

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
The SS's used to have nothing or a sticker running down the side depending on the model, i like both the Calais Trims and nothing, just depends on your preference.

1001580vd9hw5.jpg

brockCom12M_m.jpg

2538d1118749039-vk-body-kits-advice-vkssgrp3s2kit.jpg

QldKev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina - GENIII
I don't like them without the side stripes. Glad you went the rear wing and letterbox grill. Just need a bug catcher on the bonnet

Check out my old VK
The site is old and full of adverts, but go under Kev's car for some pics.

QldKev

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
That looks pretty good VK_3800, I remember now I have seen 1 other one like that, same colour too, my mates older brother used to have one - a berlina with some sort of front bar/lip on it. Looked like sex on wheels :D

vk.jonno - just looking over your painted pics, looks like you've only done above the door molds anyway?
How would you join the paint? Just blow in the brown, then re-clear the whole side (2 doors and front guard, on both sides) or do you have to repaint them altogether?

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
Well I was thinking about that
I think I'll have to tape off the parts done already
But then I'm faced with the problems of the weather and the final
Outcome of the color...

And the reason It's above the molds is cos I was gonna do the silver like a Calais
But I'm having 2nd thoughts
I like the look of the car I posted above
Mainly cos it's the same color as mine
I wouldn't mind seeing one with the Calais style in my Color too
I dunno I'l mite get my sister to decide
She allwase has good tastes.. Exept in cars (mazda 121 hahahaahah)
She won't get rid of it lmao

Qldkev I'll check it out now!! :)

vk.jonno

Reaction score
Members Ride
Getting done tomorrow..
Agh I dunno what to do bahaha
I guess I could do the silver and if it looks **** sand it back and try without the moulds?!!

Oh btw the paint for the bumpers isn't silver
It's like silver... And a copperish color in a cirtain light
Sounds gay I'll try get a good shot tomorrow

DoinItMyself

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Series II manual wagon
I think your ride looks awesome...it's all original interior (looks like) so keep it that way and as for the colour mate, id leave it as is cos if you start changing an original made vehicle too much after spending so much money on it I guarantee it won't be worth half as much in years to come... vintage dude, looks gud. :)) (and ima chick lol) also I definately agree with BoneZ-01. Not to be argumentative by far but if you don't check a tank of that age that has flushed through to a fuel filter heapa ****....eeekkkk!!! You won't be replacing filter once, twice man you could be seriously ####ing your system..Im having troubles with my VS commodore series II manual wagon...filter was on bak to front to start with. tank had to be flushed because i left it and ended up in poor engine performance and cut-outs.... always remember never to neglect a thing on vehicles the dam things are emotional biarchess...Also to check if your tank needs flushing there is no need to take it out, a little method can be used whilst still in vehicle...easy as taking the little dippy sticky thing out... Thumbs up for drifting...if you gonna spend money though, betta a ride that gets you there than one that every1 is looking at when cuts out....:)) Id like to see how the finished product ends up and you so gotta put piks up of your drift machine when it comes about

vk.jonno

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks heaps :) :)
i went with the calais sides... looks pretty good
i got some piks of the bumpers and ill put them up
i have stockies with chrome trim and chrome centercaps
but i dunno if i like it haha.
44b1f6c8.jpg

Last edited:

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
lol wanna paint my bumpers :p need to paint mine that colour after i attach the SS kit somehow, i love VK's no matter what colour with silver bumpers and side moulds.

But yea with a standard kit and Calais side moulds look great, they look a bit iffy on a VK with a SS kit and SS Group 3 side skirts with the flairs though.